Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the correct method of opening gtv drivers door...........is it index finger right hand = push button left hand pull door .....or is it thumb left hand = push button and left hand pull :)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
i use my finger, i think it looks cool abit like a push start button. its fun when you are picking someone up and they have never been in a gtv and they are not sure how to open the door, makes me laugh every time. last week i picked up my boss and watched him struggle trying to open the door before i let over and open it from the inside. its was funny watching him struggle with a little bubble above his head saying (err???) lol! :cheese: apart from that he did love the car :cheese:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes jonal I've been there............I suppose door handles would have been an added extra on a gtv :cheese:

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
whats the correct method of opening gtv drivers door...........is it index finger right hand = push button left hand pull door .....or is it thumb left hand = push button and left hand pull :)
It can't be a two handed affair, that just looks wrong! Therefore:
  • Driver's door = Left hand thumb to push button and left hand pull.
  • Passenger door = Right hand thumb to push button and right hand pull to open (then put my laptop behind the driver's seat).

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats worth knowing starkers....I'll write that down..........I keep me laptop in the boot its about the only thing that fits there :lol:

·
Registered
798 Posts
I never thought about it. I just use thumbs because using my fingers it feels a lot harder to do whereas you can get your whole thumb in there to distribute the force.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never thought about it. I just use thumbs because using my fingers it feels a lot harder to do whereas you can get your whole thumb in there to distribute the force.
fingers and thumbs then ah dal think about what you're doin' man :lol:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think so, there is a risk of breaking the key off... it will do until i can fit a handsfree entry kit :D
good idea that........how about if you could get the button to auto depress......................or mabey the door swinging open as well...........na that last bit's just silly :cheese:

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
thats worth knowing starkers....I'll write that down..........I keep me laptop in the boot its about the only thing that fits there :lol:
The seat does have to be forward a bit.

If I am doing a journey where I might leave the car unattended, then it goes in the boot.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
If approaching the car from behind (ooo err) use the right hand to pop the drivers door, then the hand that's opened it closes it too ;)

Otherwise it's left hand to open the door, 2 fingers behind the door while thumb presses the unlock button.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If approaching the car from behind (ooo err) use the right hand to pop the drivers door, then the hand that's opened it closes it too ;)

Otherwise it's left hand to open the door, 2 fingers behind the door while thumb presses the unlock button.
does that work if your'e left handed :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts