Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nearside door mirror glass seems to be wobbly. The faster I go (the faster the wind of course) the more it wobbles. At the speed limit it is not very helpful.

It was a long time ago in the past that I had anything remotely to do with mirror glass on internally adjustable door mirrors (electric or otherwise) and I recall having enough room or access to the rear inside of the mirror such that you could turn a locking collar (I think that was it).

Is the Alfa the same? I s there access inside? I guess I need to know how to change the glass.
Off to have a quick browse but if someone gets there before me it would be good.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It seems it is just stuck on with sticky double sided sticky. Someone mentions a clip, I think the clip has double sided tape to hold it on somewhere :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
This happen to me when I bought the car.

The radial clip became partially separated from the back of the glass. (The clip itself was also cracked).

To remove I tilted the glass to an extremity in order to see (what you can behind the glass) then, with the clearance I used a screwdriver to gently prise the lens clip from is mount/the mechanism, in the mirror housing.

It's worth pointing out that the mount was stuck to the lens with sticky tape but it clipped (not stuck with tape) to the mechanism.

IIRC there are two wires for the heating, which also need disconnecting.

I then mixed up a job lot of Araldite and stuck the plate back down onto the glass.

I put a book on top to be sure it'd stick down properly.

Once it'd cured, I connected it all up and clipped it back on (I centred the mechanism from the extremity I'd set it to for access purposes)

It's been spot on ever since (c. 9 months and counting)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts