Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All was fine until a month ago. First the ability to lock and unlock the drivers door with the key failed. Now the ability to lock and unlock the doors with the remote on the key has failed. When i press the remote on the key all the locks on the doors go down EXCEPT the lock on the drivers door(stands still in the up position). So when i press the remote on the key the other locks go down and just bounce up again, so i cant lock my car using the remote or the key in the drivers door or passenger door. Help, where do i go from here or is it just to hand over my car to a Alfa service center and say fix it and give me a call??

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,508 Posts
If you have not tried this before, unscrew the internal door lock pin and spray a good amount of WD40 down the hole, leave it for a bit and try again with the remote. I had this with my car when I first got it and then I repeated it on all four doors for good measure.

If it does not cure it then it may be a faulty lock solenoid.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks paul, i will give it a try (shot of WD40) and cross my fingers and hope it does the trick. If not its off to the Alfa service center.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts