Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
With this good weather I thought I'd try to knock a couple of things off the 'things to do on the GTV list'
When I lock the car with the blipper, the alarm arms but the central locking pops down then back up. Having a loose drivers handle, did a search and discovered the spring was bust. Sorted that with the help of fantom alfa and his top instructions for getting the door card off:thumbs: but an hour later, the Alfa gremlins back already, same problem with the locking.
Now discovered that the passenger lock will not turn, although the button is trying to move. Never tried to lock this manually before, have sprayed in the keyhole with WD40 but no change.
Any body else had this?

One other thing, noticed a spare cable with white connector behind the drivers door card, at the bottom behind the pocket. Cannot remember undoing this but what is it for?

Many thanks.
Dave

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
One other thing, noticed a spare cable with white connector behind the drivers door card, at the bottom behind the pocket. Cannot remember undoing this but what is it for?

Many thanks.
Dave
This should be for the door light mounted on the underside of the door pocket.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,370 Posts
If the locks appear to be totally jammed it's often down to the Bowden cable which connects the inside handle to the lock itself, I had precisely this symptom after replacing the window mech.

It seems critical to position this cable in just the right place, even though there is no real guide as to where it should lay. I did mine by trial error, just fitting the door card into place and then trying EVERYTHING at EVERY stage of refit. ( After a few fruitless hours wasted looking at the locks ! )

If you have had the door card from the offending door off recently I'm pretty sure that repositioning the Bowden cable will fix everything.

As above the loose connector will be for the light underneath the door.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,370 Posts
Many thanks Nige, I'll give that a go.
Dave
:thumbs: No probs Dave, hope it is as simple as mine was. Drove me mad for a few hours ! Didn't notice the problem until I was wrapping the job up and tried locking the car with the key................... :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts