Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody had problems with a door leakage at the nottom dribbling in onto the passenger footwell(s/h door repainted and fixed to mycar},no apparent signs from above but arrives thereafter overnight rain.Patrick :mad:

G

·
Hi Alfapat
I've an occasion drip from the left front door when driven in heavy rain but nothing that’s makes the carpets wet.
Chers Erik

G

·
When it's been raining, after i get into my car i sometimes gat a few drips through the upper part of the door near to the top of the front window on both doors. I put this down to the rubbers and the way the door closes onto them, no other real answers. :)

G

·
I too have a magic leak... only during extremely heavy rain.. there are no apparent signs of entry, but I end up with about 2" of water in the passanger footwell!.. it's only happened 3 times in the 3 years I've had the car though.
Alex

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
since Iput the q. on line about leakageinto the footwell I may have discovered the cause,watch this space ,---when I get time I will put a note in here.Patrick ;)

G

·
AlfaPat
I had the exact same problem with my 155. Bit of rain wet feet.
After many a hour with me in the car, brother outside the car with a hose we found and solved the problem.
The seal on the door frame at the bottom would hold a small amount of water. As more water built up it would run around the seal and inside the car hence wet feet.
So to cure this I cut a small vee shaped slit in the rubber seal so the water can escape. This was two years ago and never had a leak since.

I hope this helps your soggy problem :D

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isaid I would get back with a cure for the leak ,having had the door replaced because it was driven into ,I got a s/h one and had it repainted to black which looked ral good but Ithought it was fitted wrongly,after much adjusting and pouring water over it to no avail,Irung the ever helpful Brian EVANS (Alfa Restorations)and it all clicked into place.
The plastic sheet had been put back lazily and any water running down from the side window was going inside the car via the inside panel and door structure then lying in the bottom rubber spilling over into foot well.Wait till I see that coachbuilder!!! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts