Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everibody; two days ago i was driving my spider and suddenly de door light indicator in the dash light on eventhough the door was closed.....any idea
how i can fix this problem? now i have the airbag indicator and the left door open indicator on:cry:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've not checked on the 159 / Brera / Spider exactly how this is done, but I've experienced the issue previously. There will likely be somewhere a very basic switch, which consists of a little [black] plastic rod on a spring that is pushed in when the door shuts and pokes out when door opens. it is somewhere in the door jam, often along the back edge or close to the back of the door along the B pillar. Take a look and see if there is one.

If there is, simple test is to take it off and swap it with the other side and see if the error follows the sensor, so if you swap from driver to passenger see if it says that door is open rather than the other.

if it does follow, problem solved you need a new sensor, grab one from a breaker for pennies. otherwise you know you've got a wiring issue with the door sensor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi artemis, thanks for your reply but this car doesn t have anything on the door; i think is inside the mecanism of the door but i m not sure

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I actually had a look today as well and you're right there is nothing on the outside of the door is there, which means it must be inside the door coupled to the back of the mechanism somewhere :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts