Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there - both my driver and passenger door handles are no longer working properly - driver one really bad - does anyone know where i could get new ones? I see this can be a common problem, but it is driving me MAD!! .. the button presses in, with difficulty, but doesn't spring back out - have oiled and oiled it, but to no avail.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Our 156 wagons drivers door does this sometimes. I don't think oil is the best thing to use - it'll just attract all the dirt and crud. Firstly you want it to be clean so I use CRC556 (wd40). If it's really bad and the ally is scored then you need to dismantle and polish it up.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
the broken handle prob lies with 147/gt totaly different handle and problem to 156
id personaly use a silicon spray, i had this problem when i had a 156......just pop key in the look spray all over the button and just keep pushing it in and use key to pull it out......you should get it working in a few mins....a cloth or two will be handy to wipe spray off door and gunk off the push button

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys - have tried the WD40, without much success. Will have a go at the silicon spray and see how that goes. Will post my progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts