Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I primarily published this information in "What have you done to your GTA..." thread. However it got your attention and it may be also helpful for other owners wanting to renovate their sticky interior plastics so they will look like from factory. Thus publishing this in main forum and answering your questions here.

I was looking for a company that would be able to restore my sticky handles to factory-new using same rubber-like material. It was harder than I thought but finally I came across Czech company named Carplastix.

Handles removal was pretty easy (some time took only fiddling with metal clip that mounted handles to the door upholstery). After shipment with handles reached Carplastix it took them only three days to renovate a pair! Shipment to Poland from Czechia took two days with a courier. They can arrange return shipment for you but in my case it was cheaper when I ordered the courier to their location using one of the broker-sites.

They did a great work and it seems that the coating they use is better and will be longer-lasting than original one. I can highly recommend them! It cost me for a pair of handles: 70€ + shipment.

They use also laser etched graphics so they can refurbish coating on elements with graphics and replicate any symbols e.g. air conditioning panel or electric windows / mirrors panel which incorporate graphics. I did not decide to renovate electric windows panels as in my case they are still in perfect shape.

Below you will find after-renovation photos (without the bolt-plug inserted).

1_handles.jpg 2_handles.jpg 3_handles.jpg 4_handles.jpg 5_handles.jpg

·
Registered
723 Posts
I've used Plasti-dip, a rubberised coating in a can on things like this. It's no where near the same level of finish that you got however. It's great that a company has the abilities to laser etch graphics onto parts as I frequently wonder how it would be possible to re-furbish buttons like those for the electric windows, radios, climate control etc.

It's small things like that that really tidy up car in such a big way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts