Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
taking off my door cards to replace with red leather retrimmed ones, nice upgrade ;) so I finally got the old door card off, but I can't get the handle off the door card, the plastic handle that is. It has some type of plastic bolt and catch type thing on it!? Can anyone shed some light on this please?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Think the plastic is "welded" on-well the lower bit anyway, the upper bit I think you have to prise the metal bit off with a small screw driver

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about the previous 2 posts. left my account open and my little sister thought it was funny.. If you prise it off, will i be able to get it back onto the new door card?

·
Registered
313 Posts
yes that should be fine but you will never have the same hold as with the handle that was on the door card originally...i just did this to my car the other day but with tan door cards and i think its strange that the door cards didnt come with the handles as they have no use for them afterwards

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i struggled biig time trying to get the door card onto the lip of the door to snag onto where the window comes up..what exactly did you use to take the handle off?

·
Registered
313 Posts
once you get the lip of the trim onto one top corner of the lip on the door you just have to guide it through, as for the door handle i loss my finesse in the first half hour lol...im pretty sure with a heat gun or something to hit it directly it should crack off and remove itself...

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Strange in context of the thread-he was asking for advice about his door trim and then posted twice in succession that he loved his Alfa.

Most of us on here do luv em, hence being on here!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Think you can just carefully pull it off, heat gun should work, careful though, think the door trim is compressed cardboard!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts