Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Winter is here, at last , and not without surprises. Its the first winter that I have my car and seems that the door was stuck freozen so when I tryed to open it the door handle has broken. The stupid thing abou my car door handle is that only a small part of it is in contact with the mechanism that acts as a lever to open the door...so whn I pulled it harder that part snaped and the other part is still hanging in there. I don't know what to do with it. How can I dissasemble it so I can replace it?

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
You have to unbolt the handle from behind.

Take the inner door pull off, plus the door pocket and the door lever.. and then pop the door card off to expose the inside of the door.

You may be able to get at the handle from behid.. but it may be tucked in the corner, behind the inner door frame, so you may also have to undo that (try not to, trust me! :D)

The inner door frame is pretty sharp too... so wear some cotton gloves if you have some.

You can stop the door sticking closed by lubricating the rubber seals with the same shiny stuff you put on tyres to make them look black. Don't use grease or vaseline because vaseline rots the rubber and grease will end up on the back of your shirt.. :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
948 Posts
The same thing happened to my old 155, more to do with the poor contact area on the mechanism than anything else though, as it was in July...

I fixed it by fixing a larger metal plate for the striker to act against, I cannot remember if I welded or rivetted the part concerned though.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
same happened to me although it was due to the weak metal and as you say a very small part of the metal making contact, luckily I had a spare and fitted it but as Ralph said the whole door card has to come off and to do that you need to be a patient person :mad:

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
284 Posts
A similar thing happend to my 155! Drivers side front. Anyone know if the rear handels can be swapped to the front?

V.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts