Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Yawn, not even near funny - virtually ALL electronics are made in China, even the Western branded ones. BMWs are made in China, Teslas too and the worst smartphones you can buy, iphones - the ones people with more money than sense get thinking they are amazing when theyre actually overpriced, low spec rubbish, theyre made in China too.

Basically thats a racist comment based on outdated, racist stereotypes, you may as well say Italian cars are rubbish cos they rust, are badly built and have poor electrics.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Yeah and mock the Chinese at your peril - look how far theyve come in so short a time. What shall we do, learn from them or sit back and go on about the soddin empire ? :unsure:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah and mock the Chinese at your peril - look how far theyve come in so short a time. What shall we do, learn from them or sit back and go on about the soddin empire ? :unsure:
bit of a false dichotomy there bud, we could easily do a third way of ingenuity, entrepreneurship, and self-reliance. But if I have to choose from your options I'll take the empire that made slavery a worldwide cultural no-no over an authoritarian fascistic government any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
bit of a false dichotomy there bud, we could easily do a third way of ingenuity, entrepreneurship, and self-reliance. But if I have to choose from your options I'll take the empire that made slavery a worldwide cultural no-no over an authoritarian fascistic government any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
A couple of mahoosive mistakes in your post their pal :

Yeah we sure did kick slavery into touch . . . after having made billions from it and after years and years of pressure to stop it and debate about whether we should, we kicked it into touch, yeah we were sooo good about it, an unblemished record, not. Wake up and smell the coffee (you know, the stuff we grew thanks to the slaves we so gallantly gave up).

And China does not have an authoritarian Fascist government, its an authoritarian Communist government, get it right.

I wasnt talking about the Chinese government though, I was talking about the Chinese people and the companies they run them and work for them, TOTALLY different from the Chinese Communist party.

Seeing as you mentioned it though, whilst I m no fan of the Chinese government, if you compare the atrocities we Brits made in the time we had an empire we'd almost definitely come out worse. We did a real good line in atrocities, how about virtually wiping out billions of Indigenous Americans, Aborigines and Maoris then stealing all their land just for starters ?

Now let me see, a Brit thinking the British empire they made from invading, looting, plundering and stealing other poeple's countries was good, what a surprise, do you think the poor sods who countries we invaded, looted, plundered and stole think it was "good" for them ?

Me false dichotomy I think not.

And if "we could easily do a third way of ingenuity, entrepreneurship, and self-reliance" then why dont we ? Are we just not in the mood, we could but we'd rather be Trumps poodle and stick our middle finger up at our closest neighbors ?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts