Don't undervalue your 156

Tags
undervalue
1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Berridale 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Haven't seen that modification to the front before....where did that come from? I like it...is it all simply bolt on or was there a lot of work involved?

All the best

Pub

#4 · (Edited)
Another one sold

Haven't seen that modification to the front before....where did that come from? I like it...is it all simply bolt on or was there a lot of work involved?
Sorry for the late reply but you probably already saw it was a Cadamura front grill from the ad description...easy fit.

My main reason for resurrecting this thread is because I've just sold this X reg 156 TS Sportwagon for £2525 inc 6 months tax:
Alfa Romeo Classifieds - Auctions - 2001 156 2.0 TS Sportwagon Veloce manual - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

I did start a separate thread for it back in Feb but due to some unhelpful members' posts, & expert valuations, the thread got closed...after the experts' posts were removed:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...ck-156-ts-sportwagon-veloce-2-owners-85k.html

I'm not wishing to start arguing again re valuations etc & I'm not gloating over the sale, although I'm pleased it sold for what it did & in a relatively short time, but I do think too many people are under valuing these cars, possibly including their own........especially well above average examples that have just had a lot of expensive preparation, servicing &/or modifications carried out.

The V6 sold for £3k on 16" Teles & I kept the black wheels.

Clive

Attachments

#6 ·
Well done Clive. I've been saying this in the GTA section for years. People talking down their own cars. Madness :lol: :thumbs:

#7 ·
I agree!
How come i'm only being offered pennies for my 156 Veloce SW with FULL ALFA SERVICE HISTORY, 17" GTA Alloys, Cambelt, Variator and Water Pump just done, fully taxed and MOT'd, red leather, Cadamura Grille, new shocks and Eibach Springs etc?
I'm not prepared to literally give it away!!!!

#8 ·
But it also has sky rocket mileage on it for a petrol. Not saying it hasn't been looked after. Its clearly has.
But you can understand why people might be wary.

Also you'd never obtain those prices as a private seller. You can't offer a warranty like a trader. And even though all the big jobs might be done you only need to look at glass valuations to know that's over the normal book price.

Still if someone wants to pay that who am i to argue. Hopefully they will have a trouble free car for a few years before anything needs doing. But that's the price you pay top dollar for having everything done already.

However I personally wouldn't have spent 3k on a 156 V6 unless it was a GTA with all the trimmings.
£2.5k on a twinnie that you can pick up for under 1k though and then spend another 1k on bringing it all up to spec. You are paying £500 for the warranty on top really and piece of mind?

But I'd be amazed if anyone privately could get anywhere near those prices.

#9 ·
It is all about time. If you can afford to sit on the car for several months, then you will find the person who values it. If you have bought your new motor and have to clear the drive, then you need to make compromises.

The problem with modifications is that they narrow the market. There is clearly someone out there who values gauges up the driver's A-pillar and (to me at least) a really bad grille, but you have to spend more time looking for them.

How come i'm only being offered pennies for my 156 Veloce SW with FULL ALFA SERVICE HISTORY
Because it has 170+ K on the clock.

#11 ·
Over here in Oz earlier cars a worth not much. Most with great bodies but need often a few things fixed, many just old. Only 14 years old.
It is a pity because they are such a great car if you can fix them yourself or get them fixed reasonably.

Wont be long before they area classic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.