Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its unfortunate that some idiots value texting someone over their lives, and the lives of others, people on the phone driving is one of my biggest gripes, there is no excuse, every mobile phone comes with a handsfree kit, and headsets/fitted kits are too cheap to even consider whether it is worth it.

Videos like this really do make you think.

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK IF YOU UPSET, AS VERY GRAPHIC...

Don't Text and DriveVideo

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
they should show that at schools/colleges and make it compulsory viewing as part of the driving theory test

i've tried texting whilst driving and it's unbelievably dangerous, yet the number of people i see doing it every day beggars belief :(

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Yes, we have had this down here in Wales for a while now, if fact I think it was made here, and just gone worldwide. Its VERY powerful and hard hitting indeed.........

Lets hope it works too !!!!!!.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
This cropped up on another forum I use the other week, very powerfull BUT ONLY if its watched!

This should be plastered across primetime television on a Saturday evening during X-factor, the only way we are gona stop muppets using their phones is to show them stuff like this but they wont as people will maon its too graphic, but death is graphic and this is what people run the risk of if they insist on phoning/texting while driving.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Just watching SKY News, who are reporting this video clip has now had over 1:5 million views on " You Tube " alone, which has got to be a good thing, even if it just saves one life.........

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
That really is a powerful video. There is work being done with sixth form students, showing videos like this, coupled with presentations from Police and Fire Services. Young drivers, male and female, are a massively high risk group when looking at RTC statistics and more education is needed. Having said that, I'm sure that even with the biggest budget and the best will in the world, RTCs amongst young drivers will remain disproportionately high. We've all been there, I think, the feeling of invincibility and firm belief that 'it will never happen to me' that only youth can provide.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
I hate texting, should be banned all together !

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

What a crock of shte that vid is though I mean come on. :rolleyes:
The best part is when the guy in the fiesta goes out of his way onto the other side of the road to smash into them!! What was he doing wnking whilst driving??

Texting and driving is bad though. :thumbs:

If something like this was to be built into the test then at least make it plausible.
Admitedly, I had a little chuckle over that but not because of what happend as that's pretty raw, just that it's so unbelievable it's a joke.

N

·
0 Posts
Heard a story recently of bloke who got a call from his girlfriend
to say she was running late. He gave her a bit of a telling
off for talking on the phone with no handsfree whilst driving
on the motorway.

5 minutes later he received a text, "Sorry, Promise not to
call again. :) "

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Lorry drivers on their mobiles are another thing entirely - their "skill" is driving and they can't even do that right......

·
Registered
713 Posts
Lorry drivers on their mobiles are another thing entirely - their "skill" is driving and they can't even do that right......
Yep that grinds my gears as well. Amount of times I have seen that, will get one soon, as will make my lass in the passenger seat record it on the mobile, then send it to his bosses "hows my driving" and the police. But most of them I see are going it are going the other way so never get the chance to.

Good video, not as hard hitting as what I thought as read the messages before I watched it, but defo gets the point across

S

·
0 Posts
Some lorry driver at a mini roundabout coming from the right, busy on his mobile, no indication so I stop assuming he is going straight on (across my path).

He turns left, but can't make the maneuver as I am in the way.

If he had NOT been on his mobile, had indicated left, I would've been on my way, and not blocking his turn! And he looks at me like it's my fault!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
I saw a woman on her mobile phone in her Mazda this morning and ploughed on thru a zebra crossed while a man was crossing a very busy main road!:mad: :rant: :mad: :rant:

Someone tell me why couldnt her phone call wait till she got to work/wherever she was going ?
How would she have felt if she had of hit him!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts