Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, actually I do. I think the 155 is p155ed off that we took the 33 to NAD instead this year. Started up this morning to go to work and it felt like a bag of nails, not firing properly and shaking. Then I had the really bright idea of switching it off and starting it again...only it didn't :rolleyes: . Tried about 10 attempts then cut our losses and jumped in the 33.

Now, yesterday I started it about 4 times just for a few seconds each time to move it around the drive, which does sometimes upset it, so I'm hoping it'll just start no problems when I get home tonight. Does it sound like it's just flooded to you guys? I'm a bit worried as I'm driving it half way across France at the end of the week and I don't need any monkey business going on :(

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Sounds very much like your problem. Make sure your battery is wll charged and then turn over until it clears and starts. Leave running for a minute or two and it'll be fine. Always works for mine.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Phew! Thanks for the reassurance Nigel. We'll see what happens later today then, it should start :cool: ...unless the sun's been on the bonnet all day, cos then it won't start anyway because of that sensor issue :rolleyes: I nearly got out of going to someone's wedding a few weeks ago because of that one when it took me ages to get the bugger going ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took an age to get going, but evetually came back to life. Panic over!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
BW, if you have any suspisions about your battery, change it prior to traveling to France. Hot weather is a killer for batts.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the advice. I think the battery is OK, plus it usually only does journeys of more than 40 miles at a time so should be nicely charged up. I'm hoping the hammering it got trying to clear the flooding hasn't affected it

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
bw said:
Took an age to get going, but evetually came back to life. Panic over!
They usually do!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts