Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had my renewal through the other day from AF and im not a happy bunny :mad:

i was already paying to much on last years premium of £700, but that was just because i was insured on a landrover from the start of the policy then changed it over to my 2.4 JTD 156 half way through, so it was either a matter of loosing half a years no claims and start a fresh policy on the alfa, or pay over the odds and stay with the same insurer..... so wasnt complaining that much about the £700

but when i recieved my renewal and it said £736.88 i wasnt to impressed :tut: im 25 with no points or convictions with 6 years NC's i thought this wasnt the best they could do

Come on ADRIAN FLUX ive been with you for 4years now and even tell people to use you instead of there insurance company...... i may actually have to pick up the phone this year and ring around else where, which i havent had to do before

:thumbs:

·
AO Traders
595 Posts
just had my renewal through the other day from AF and im not a happy bunny :mad:

i was already paying to much on last years premium of £700, but that was just because i was insured on a landrover from the start of the policy then changed it over to my 2.4 JTD 156 half way through, so it was either a matter of loosing half a years no claims and start a fresh policy on the alfa, or pay over the odds and stay with the same insurer..... so wasnt complaining that much about the £700

but when i recieved my renewal and it said £736.88 i wasnt to impressed :tut: im 25 with no points or convictions with 6 years NC's i thought this wasnt the best they could do

Come on ADRIAN FLUX ive been with you for 4years now and even tell people to use you instead of there insurance company...... i may actually have to pick up the phone this year and ring around else where, which i havent had to do before

:thumbs:
Hello,

If you would like to PM me your Client Ref or your Surname and Postcode then I can certainly get your renewal looked into.

Dan.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Jesus. Thats steep. I pay 750 a year on my 2.0ts without any no claims bonus. But i am 31. But i still would have thought your quote would be way cheaper than mine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well DAN at AF helped me out with my quote, so i must say thank you to him.....

BUT i recieved my new renewal today and its £674... ok its cheaper but not as cheap as i was hoping for....... ive seen people with less NC's and younger than me who pay less.....

whats up with AF this year, have they had to pay out loads of claims or something.....

i did a search on confused to get a guide price, and about 8 insurers where cheaper than AF, cheapest was £526 from hastings... ok they may not cover me as much as AF but im sure AF could do better.....

im used to going on confused for a quide price then ringing AF and them telling me they can do it cheaper by a large margin.....

SORT IT OUT ADRIAN FLUX your going to loose loads of business at this rate

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
well DAN at AF helped me out with my quote, so i must say thank you to him.....

BUT i recieved my new renewal today and its £674... ok its cheaper but not as cheap as i was hoping for....... ive seen people with less NC's and younger than me who pay less.....

whats up with AF this year, have they had to pay out loads of claims or something.....

i did a search on confused to get a guide price, and about 8 insurers where cheaper than AF, cheapest was £526 from hastings... ok they may not cover me as much as AF but im sure AF could do better.....

im used to going on confused for a quide price then ringing AF and them telling me they can do it cheaper by a large margin.....

SORT IT OUT ADRIAN FLUX your going to loose loads of business at this rate
I pay less than your renewal for my GTA :eek:

Ok I'm older than you but I live in Northern ireland which is the insurance rip-off capital of the UK.

I actually run through the GTA on one of those insurance comparison websites and could get it for around the £550 mark, although I'm not convinced I'd want to be insured with Kwik-Fit :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
AF were once very good for me. But in recent years have been nearly £300+ than other insurers. The strange thing is they never seem that bothered.......:(

I'll keep phoning them every year but Admiral are looking after me these days.

£600 to insure the GT, 25 years old with 3 years no claims.:D

·
AO Traders
595 Posts
AF were once very good for me. But in recent years have been nearly £300+ than other insurers. The strange thing is they never seem that bothered.......:(

I'll keep phoning them every year but Admiral are looking after me these days.

£600 to insure the GT, 25 years old with 3 years no claims.:D
Afternoon

If you would like to pm me your details when your policy is up for renewal, i would be more than happy to get a member of the team to give you a call and see what we can do for you.

Regards

Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bit late getting to this sorry, but I to have a Flux insurance deal.

Having recently purchased my GT JTDM I was expecting a slight increase from my Golf GTi.

12+ years NCB, 35 ok 3 points but Jesus who hasn't got a SP30 and my annual premium was estimated at £465.00 that's an increase of £200 on my last car. Also my excess would increase to £400:confused:

Oh yeah nearly forgot I also have my motorbike insured with them, so would kind of thought I would get a good rate for dual policies.

I will be looking to venture away if thats the best they can do.

·
AO Traders
595 Posts
Sorry to read your comments ChampGT :(

We can phone the Insurance Company underwriter directly and explain that our customer has a good quote elsewhere at renewal. Sometimes the Insurer may complete, especially if the customer is a 'good risk' in their eyes.

I'd be more than happy to look into any forum member's policy and see if there is any more I can do to help so please feel free to contact me. Thanks Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts