Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i have been the proud owner of my BEAUTIFUL 156 1.8 ts and love it probably a little more than life itself but secretly i want another alfa with a bit more power, (cant quite afford a GTA yet haha) i have heard many different models mentioned on this website like JTS etc and feel quite embarrassd to admit that i dont know what type of engine a gts is, if anyone has a link to the dummys guide to alfa engines i will be most grateful

david

·
Registered
507 Posts
the JTS was a Twin spark sump and core with a new Head bolted onto it. a little more power than the TS
uses some of the common rail desil technology
High Pressure Petrol Injection or Jet Thrust Some thing in italian

very knowledgeable people on this forum may be able to answer you further

B

·
0 Posts
:D Have you considered a GTV V6?

:cool: Looks and power,and have reached affordable prices now.....kind of midway between the humdrum stuff and the GTA's which are still a tad expensive.

·
Registered
662 Posts
i think no matter what engine you get you will want more, i know if i had a GTA after about 3 months of thinking it was class id wanna turbo it or something :D stick with the 1.8 for a year then upgrade to the 2.0 then after another year the v6, that way you still have somewhere to go when you wanna go faster

if you go straight to a GTA youll never be satisfied imo

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've been driving my Gtv (3.2) for just over 2 months and at first the acceleration was truly amazing. However, I have become completely used to it now and take for granted the power it delivers and the speed it reaches. And yes I've been thinking about exhausts, air intakes, sports cams, lsds, and any number of other upgrades to make it a little quicker. All in a vain attempt to bring back that feeling it gave me when I first drove my Bella. Trouble is, like a drug, you never get that same high second time around as you did the first time the sleeper was awakened.

Do I regret buying the car? Never. Never ever ever, never ever ever ever ever ever ever. Ever. Now you'll have to excuse me, I feel like lighting the crack pipe and going for a drive.

But yeh, Decky is spot on IMO. I just want to go a little quicker every day.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
What about finding a nice tidy 145 2.0? Sure, it's still only a 2.0ts but it seems they're usefully faster than the 156 and 147.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
What about finding a nice tidy 145 2.0? Sure, it's still only a 2.0ts but it seems they're usefully faster than the 156 and 147.
I fancy doing that, a late model 145 Cloverleaf, love the shape of them and go really well too.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I would also go for the 3.0 GTV - however, perhaps you should wait and see wht Gordon Brown intends to do about car tax...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts