Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my GTV, fallen out of love with it as its very unreliable.

So far thinking about

Another 156
Lexus is200
Bmw 318i se
BMW 318is coupe m-tec
audi a3 1.8t quattro or the non quattro
laguna dci
golf gt tdi
volvo s60 de

Ill have about £3k any other ideas, im 20 so insurance cant be mad????

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
What do you need the car to do ?? Family/Passengers ?? High Mileage ??

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Llantrisant cars have an Almera 1.8 for £ 2,995 with 56K miles. Bought 2 cars from them including my Alfa. If your serious, speak to Paul, tell him Howell (Alfa 166) recommended them. Tell him I've told you not to accept his first offer.

www.llantrisantcars.com

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
+1 156 :thumbs: (out of that list I can't see you getting many other answers on here ...)

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
+1 156 :thumbs: (out of that list I can't see you getting many other answers on here ...)
He said he wanted something reliable !!! :lol:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my dad has got an old audi a8 3.7v8 1997, hes moved away and is just sat on the drive, needs new cv joints, so could repair them and use that, its only done 85,000 miles.

and put the money from my GTV in the bank, well untill i fill it up with fuel when it comes out my bank lol

·
Registered
324 Posts
Either a 156 Veloce - go for a 1.8 if your age hits the insurance....
Or how about a 16V N/A Fiat Coupe - still look cool - great fun and the N/A's sound better than the Turbos! Plus there are bloody cheap now.......

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hmmmm....audi a8 or 156?....and the audi has a 3.7litre petrol engine....and you're 20 years old....hmmmmm...this just gets tougher every second...
still...you're right about banking the cash...clever boy...but don't deposit it in a bank...invest in banks...their prices are low....but your dollar in and watvh them creep up over the next 2 uyears and then shoot up over the 2-3 years after....instead of making 2%/year interest, you'd probably make 10-15%/year and be laughing..
156 then....:p

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
hmmmm....audi a8 or 156?....and the audi has a 3.7litre petrol engine....and you're 20 years old....hmmmmm...this just gets tougher every second...
still...you're right about banking the cash...clever boy...but don't deposit it in a bank...invest in banks...their prices are low....but your dollar in and watvh them creep up over the next 2 uyears and then shoot up over the 2-3 years after....instead of making 2%/year interest, you'd probably make 10-15%/year and be laughing..
156 then....:p
V Good thinking - I'm liking ur style

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Here are my personal takes on all the cars:

Another 156; Good choice, go for a 2.0 TS Sport Pack though.

Lexus is200; Very slow and un-economical cars.

Bmw 318i se; Very Slow but very reliable.

BMW 318is coupe m-tec A bit better but still not going to light up the drag strip the way the GTV would.

audi a3 1.8t; quattro or the non quattro The 1.8 Turbo Audi engine is brilliant and more than quick enough. Not a bad choice at all.

laguna dci; Why would you want a car like the Laguna? :confused:

golf gt tdi; Nice reliable cars, but I'd only touch a Golf in GTi guise.

volvo s60 de; The 2.4 engine is a good one, and the S60 does look good, there's alot worse on the list.

Out of all of those though mate the Alfa 156 IS the best choice as far as enjoyment of driving goes, but if you aren't after that and would prefer reliability over sheer soul then go German.

Good luck!!! :D

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
1 - 20 of 54 Posts