Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how I can get a new remote fob for my Alfa as I purchased it with just two red keys, no fobs?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
The fobs are normally on the keys, red key with black button to lock and unlock.

What year is your car?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
The fobs are normally on the keys, red key with black button to lock and unlock.

What year is your car?
Early ones had a separate Meta blipper.

P

·
0 Posts
I have an 03 plate and mine has the meta fob. I only have one. What's cheapest method for replacement?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 1997 2.0 T-Spark. The central locking does work, just have to manually open/close the doors

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If it's still got the original fitment, it'll be a Scorpion 918U. As to new fobs, you're probably out of luck as the system isn't supported anymore.

The control unit will probably be behind the main instrument cluster. Easy enough to check for it : Lower the steering wheel to as low as it can get, undo the two allen screws holding the instruments in and then ease the instruments out. If there's a black box with 'Scorpion' written on it, you've found the alarm.

Central locking is a different system - the alarm merely connects in to it.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
pkr, i find most of the control units are on the transmission tunnel behind stereo, just remove the cover panel on drivers or passenger side or both and its usually in a cradle on the trans tunnel, at least they are in my GTV's / Spiders. im open to being proven wrong though?:)

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Mines a 1997 and has a meta unit, but that is behind the dash near the main instrument cluster :) Alfa really keep you on your toes :p

Car Security can sort out new fobs for meta alarms, though you might need to retrieve the control box.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I'm not sure about the Meta alarms but I believe the Scorpion alarms were dealer fit. Or at least fitted by an auto electrician local to the dealer. So there will be variances with fitment I'm sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Google search a company called abacus alarms in london. Just sent them my meta box as had the same problem, all keys and no fobs. 24 hours later I have my box back, with 2 new fobs and the code card all done! £99.00 and done in no time! guy is called sam, really helpful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts