Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got home from work the other night and was looking at GTA stuff on ebay and found a number plate seller that had a link to a site where you can design your own plates, to cut a long story short i designed a plate i liked and 2 pints of gin and bitter lemon later i had spent £20 ( and another £245 with the DVLA)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
I had few too many beers one night and bought a radio controlled spitfire:D

I've yet to still get radio gear,an engine and a propellor for it:lol:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had few too many beers one night and bought a radio controlled spitfire:D

I've yet to still get radio gear,an engine and a propellor for it:lol:
did a similar thing a few years ago with a model of a Kawasaki Z1300.

started putting the engine together and after 5mins realised why i was never any good at Airfix when i was a kid , 5 thumbs and all like sausages.
good old ebay:lol:

G

·
Nice one! I was going to get a personalised plate this year and N666 GTA was one of the options! However, due to the credit crunch that plan has been scrapped - the money will be spent on car mods rather than the plate. That will have to wait until next year (or the year after).

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Too much drink and a purchase over the interweb.... done that, first time I brought a GTA.... second time..... brought another GTA.

:cheese:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I once bought a full set of suspension - shocks AND springs, as well as a Pioneer bluetooth head unit on Ebay after a night out. :eek:
Such are the perils of working away from home...
Haha - approaching a grand there were we? Classic! :cheese:

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Haha - approaching a grand there were we? Classic! :cheese:
It was more around £700 or so I think. Fitted it all but the car got broken inot and the head unit stolen. :rolleyes: :rant:
Suspension was (is) ace, though! :D

G

·
A friend of mine woke up one morning a couple of years ago to find he'd bid on and won a step front alfa.

...... in california.:cheese:

I think it took 3 months of hair loss before it arrived. Its currently being built up into a racer. Whether he'll ever finish it a source of constant debated amoungst those that know him.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nice plate, shame it's illegal. You are only allowed to put the Country of origins flag or a EU flag on the left hand side not the Alfa badge. This info from Police program the other night.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I got home from work the other night and was looking at GTA stuff on ebay and found a number plate seller that had a link to a site where you can design your own plates, to cut a long story short i designed a plate i liked and 2 pints of gin and bitter lemon later i had spent £20 ( and another £245 with the DVLA)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

At least you have a GTA,

i bought S7 GTA for £300! was a bargain though :)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Nice plate, shame it's illegal. You are only allowed to put the Country of origins flag or a EU flag on the left hand side not the Alfa badge. This info from Police program the other night.:rolleyes:
I've had the Alfa logo on the left hand side of my number plate for two years now and, touch wood, haven't had any problems with the MoT or Police.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Really? Ive got the alfa logo on mine too. No problems so far.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts