Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone's interested, I've posted up a few clips from my last trackday at Donington Park.

The Mitsubishi Evo 8 is driven by my mate Adam, he was a damn good sport and didn't blast past me on the straights so I could get some good footage in the corners. When he did put his foot down, ****, does that thing move!

I was doing my best to stay in front of the Delta, but I suppose I was always going to lose that one :rolleyes:

Once again Photobucket have compressed the files to make them look pretty horrible but they're still entertaining :cool:

Hope you like 'em :D

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigFoot said:
Ode: The Spilberg of AO :D
If I had his budget just imagine what I could do.......... but for me, it's the artistic purity that counts, the knowledge that everything I do was done because of a £1 camera bracket :D

Having said that, plans are well underway for an 'Evolution' bracket for this season :rolleyes:

A

·
0 Posts
Fantastic ode...great video and the 147 looks to handle well. Did I hear the VDC failure flag up again though;) :D

What speed were you doing down cranners? It's rather hairy hey! (especially when you reach Old Hall:wow: :vomit: )

A

·
0 Posts
I guess the wee 1.6 did struggle up the inclines mind?.....awweee what I'd do to take my JTD on the track:inlove:

A

·
0 Posts
Yeah but what puts me off is my motor gets enough stick normally when its on its towing duties and also the fact of having an accident on track!
I take my hat off to you guys though....I just could not risk having an accident, but track days are great! I know as I have driven an Audi TT on track before and that was :cool:....oh the adrenaline:D

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alfa_147_jtd_16v said:
Fantastic ode...great video and the 147 looks to handle well. Did I hear the VDC failure flag up again though;) :D

What speed were you doing down cranners? It's rather hairy hey! (especially when you reach Old Hall:wow: :vomit: )

Yeah it was beeping at me again, same thing as at Croft, seems like when it's on track and the brakes are getting hot it decides to tell me my pads are worn out (which they weren't, nowhere near). I chose to ignore it again. I'll check the wires before next time, my guess is that bits of the plug in the pad warning loop are expanding at different rates and breaking the connection..... maybe I'm miles off but it's where I'm gonna start looking.

Down Craners? Almost flat out in 4th, probably 95-100ish? I dunno really, I was too occupied with other things to look at the speedo I'm afraid :rolleyes: :D Even after watching loads of racing at Donington, stood on the banking outside the old hairpin, I had no idea of how steep it really is driving down Craners, it's crazy! You pick up speed like mad down there :D :D :D

alfa_147_jtd_16v said:
I guess the wee 1.6 did struggle up the inclines mind?.....awweee what I'd do to take my JTD on the track
1.6? :rant: I'll have you know mine's the full-fat, extra-caffeine, hairy-chested 2.0 :cool: ;)

Get it on the track, you know you want to.... don't let something daft like a heavier fuel stop you ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts