Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's '57 Brera showed an oil leak last week (Thursday).
Earliest Peterborough ALFA dealer could LOOK at it was Tuesday.
& NO COURTESY CAR AVAILABLE!
On Tuesday told its oil cooler pipes corroded so can't use it, but will have it done & back to you Wednesday
On Wednesday told its oil cooler broken too, might have back to you on Friday.
On Friday told still waiting parts, probably back to you Monday.
& NO COURTESY CAR AVAILABLE FOR WEEKEND!

We've not been able to use her car for a week now, so she has my D3 and I have to rely on friends and family for lifts.

Come on Donalds, this is very poor customer relations, I am not happy at all!!!!!!!

My view and experience of ALFA dealers is why I changed to Land Rover and so might my wife soon!

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Try NorthantsAlfa in Wellingborough, Jillyflower takes hers there from P/boro........no bad reports about them on here, and you get a 156 courtesy car........:).......I'm lucky, only live 2 miles from them........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, in hindsight it should have gone to Jamie Porter's Alfaworkshop at Royston!
We have used AlfaWorkshop for past 3 years, with her previous cars and highly recommend them.

Leaking oil, we took it to nearest ALFA dealer (5mile from home.) And can't take it anywhere now it's still in bits!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
there a dealer/trader on here arnt they, speak to em here:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At 4.30pm Donalds call to say a courtesy car has just been returned and is available.
Quite amusing as I'm already home from work having picked up kids from school with kind help from my colleague.
(It's not the inconvenience to myself that bothers me, but without a car it inconveniences my kids, my relatives and colleagues who have to run us round.)
So when my wife arrives home we go to collect courtesy car, Hoorah. Well a Maxda2, ho hum!
Latest news is the oil cooler might arrive from Italy on Saturday and she could get her Brera back on Monday.
I just hope Jason (aka Donalds Alfa) ordered the correct part, or else he will get some stick!!!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
as we said, he is on here:D

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Try NorthantsAlfa in Wellingborough, Jillyflower takes hers there from P/boro........no bad reports about them on here, and you get a 156 courtesy car........:).......I'm lucky, only live 2 miles from them........
i go there, wont take it anywhere else now. i used to live 2minutes away from them on foot, then they went and moved to wellingborough.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I'm sure Donalds will comment on this. Is it under warranty?

Unless I need warranty work doing I always use a quality independant:)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
My wife's '57 Brera showed an oil leak last week (Thursday).
Earliest Peterborough ALFA dealer could LOOK at it was Tuesday.
On Tuesday told its oil cooler pipes corroded so can't use it, but will have it done & back to you Wednesday
On Wednesday told its oil cooler broken too, might have back to you on Friday.
On Friday told still waiting parts, probably back to you Monday.
& NO COURTESY CAR AVAILABLE FOR WEEKEND!

We've not been able to use her car for a week now, so she has my D3 and I have to rely on friends and family for lifts.

Come on Donalds, this is very poor customer relations, I am not happy at all!!!!!!!

My view and experience of ALFA dealers is why I changed to Land Rover and so might my wife soon!
So one bad experience and you're changing Marques?

Donald's are relatively new ISTR, so are probably still bedding in. Not much consolation to you I know but if the parts aren't available, is it really the dealership's fault?

I ordered some parts for my 166 from them and they were delivered within the week. :thumbs:

How many courtesy cars should a dealership keep these days?

At least they were honest enough to say that they couldn't deal with the car until Tuesday. Surely that's better then being fobbed off and surely another good sign that people are using the dealership?

On the bright-side, at least its covered under warranty?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
10am this morning, got the message the parts had arrived and Brera was ready for collection., so It's back with us.

Not one bad experience, we have recount plenty of Alfa dealer bad stories. I changed to LR back in 2003 and won't be going back. My wife, she has a choice and sticks with Alfas.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
10am this morning, got the message the parts had arrived and Brera was ready for collection., so It's back with us.

Not one bad experience, we have recount plenty of Alfa dealer bad stories. I changed to LR back in 2003 and won't be going back. My wife, she has a choice and sticks with Alfas.
So Donald's did a pretty good job then?

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
So Donald's did a pretty good job then?
After reading this thread I have to agree. I realise that we all want instant service and minimal inconvenience but I am afraid life just 'aint like that. In the circumstances I do not see any reason for complaint.

(And - NO - I have no connection with this trader).

M

·
0 Posts
I'm pleased it's all sorted out now, but I too have to side with the dealer here. We are always short of courtesy cars where I work, there will never be enough to go round. At least it sounds like they kept you abreast of the situation at all times......and they didn't break anything or damage your car, unlike my local Alfa dealer that I no longer use.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Two issues I would think......courtesy cars will really be in short supply because of all the accident damage in the recent snow and ice......and there is obviously a finite limit to how many a dealer can keep for fiancial reasons....

but more significantly......an oil cooler pipe corroded, on a car less than 3 years old:eek: - and I'm a bit suspicious about how the oil cooler came to be broken............

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
after reading this thread i have to agree. I realise that we all want instant service and minimal inconvenience but i am afraid life just 'aint like that. In the circumstances i do not see any reason for complaint.

(and - no - i have no connection with this trader).
+1

R

·
0 Posts
but more significantly......an oil cooler pipe corroded, on a car less than 3 years old:eek: - and I'm a bit suspicious about how the oil cooler came to be broken............
In a GTV you just assume that you will need to change the oil cooler as well when the oil pipes are replaced. There is a better than even chance that the threads will have corroded tight together and will strip. Is it the same with a Brera?

R

·
0 Posts
Was this a Rant ? get real the dealer did nothing wrong and fixed your car. What is it with people that expect miracles, live in the real world like the rest of us.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts