Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Doh!

Tags
doh
1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  nivens 
G
#1 ·
This morning I went out in search of the source of my damp passenger footwell, removed the foot tread trim and pulled up all the carpet to find everything was pretty dry apart from the damp carpet and soaking mat, slightly bewildered I decided I would check under the scuttle panel for leaves or other gunk only to find its secured by some kind of torx screws so back to the drawing board. In defeat I decided to top up the oil, washer fluid, tidied up and went to reverse out the drive when CLLARRRRAKK, I've run over my door tread trim :cry:

Anyone know how much I've just cost myself?

#2 ·
:lol: I did this with a set of screw bits they were like bits of shot hitting the garage door when I drove over them ! Ebay should see you alright for this.

G
#3 ·
I can't believe I done it, mainly cos I thought to myself when I was topping up the oil that I'd best move it cos I'd end up running it over. Luckily it looks like I should be able to get one on the fleabay for about £20 :lol:

#4 ·
Don't know whether you've already heard this but the 'damp passenger footwell syndrome' is a fairly common problem. Try:

1. Aircon drain - has a habbit of drining into the cabin. Have the pipe re-routed (not a big job at the dealers)

2. Door membrane coming loose. Bit of a sod this, our 147 has been back several times as it keeps dislodging. Cured now though.

Hope that helps. Any suggestions for getting rid of the pongy smell that lingers after the dry-out?:(

G
#5 ·
I'll have a check of the aircon drain but I'm beginning to think it was the heavy wind and rain thats forced the water in somewhere, the only clue to where it came from was some water droplets on the surface of the mat right under the dash but its stayed dry since. As for the smell, I've no idea, I was just going to freebreeze the hell out of everything under the carpet :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.