Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Just changed the dipped beam bulbs on my 156 for the first time - always fun at night.. NOT! Anyway, unfortunately I removed the Headlamp level motor instead of the black cap to start off with (and without paying much attention how it came out).....and now I've knocked the N/S headlamp out of adjustment as everytime I twist the motor back in, it's not sitting in the slot, but pushing the lamp forward and down!!:mad:

Headlamp level Motor.jpg

Is there a knack of getting the white plastic ball thingy to sit back into the 'V' slot in the lamp...tried fully extended and retracted but just aint co-operating!!

Cheers!

G

·
0 Posts
Best way is to remove the front bumper and remove the light cluster, don't worry , it isn't as bad a job as you may think... 30 minutes compared to 4 hours of cursing, swearing, bleeding knuckles , a lot of fumbling and eventually breaking the inner lens adjustment bracket.... Which leads to a new headlight required for your MOT and complaints from air traffic controls

Alfa Romeo

·
Registered
139 Posts
Agreed, I nearly removed mine today to get better access to the sidelight bulbs but thought better of it. Those lights are a pain in the arse. Just pop off the headlight, it shouldn't take too long.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
As far as I can tell though it just pops back in like a ball and socket joint, trouble is you cant hold the adjuster still whilst trying to push it in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Groves6700 - exactly....dont see how poping headlamp out would help though unless you guys are on about seperating the lens from the body(?!)...bit of a faff innit?? I'll have another go at the weekend.....cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts