Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i removed my clocks the other day to see why the telltales didnt work. discovered there led,s not bulbs. Anyway when refitted the unit my fuel gauge now sits at 3/4 of a tank regardless. So i removed them again today to make sure all the pins and plugs are ok, now not only the fuel gauge problem but my airbag light has come on:mad: . so what have i done?

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,506 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery first?

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,506 Posts
Ok sometimes you have to short the cables together which discharges any energy from the various circuits. Try disconnecting the battery again and keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no luck i left it about 30 mins with a jump lead across it but no change im afraid

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS 2007
5,506 Posts
There is a lot of dials selling on ebay at the moment, It seems yours is faulty and needs replacing.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Right i removed my clocks the other day to see why the telltales didnt work. discovered there led,s not bulbs. Anyway when refitted the unit my fuel gauge now sits at 3/4 of a tank regardless. So i removed them again today to make sure all the pins and plugs are ok, now not only the fuel gauge problem but my airbag light has come on:mad: . so what have i done?
Gratzi,
ewe should huv searched oan here first here re the blinkers.
Its the medium green box unner the centre bit below the ICS.
When I think what I have done to my two's electrics you have been mega unlucky Graz.
Pomeo

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm breaking a 166 if you need these parts (in fact it was supposed to be scrapped last week but I didn't quite manage to organise it). The instruments have a black background and the car was a Sportronic. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the offer zahid but i had allready organsied a replacement set of clocks but didnt know if they worked till today. Im pleased to report the new clocks work so at least i now have a fuel gauge that works.
Now i also replaced the green relay next to the yellow one thats sits on the tunnel behind the ics as my telltale for indicators doesnt work. Now my telltales still dont work on the dash but if i indicate right the hazard warning light flashes but not if i indicate left! Im wondering if i changed the corect green relay because today i noticed a larger green on directly behind the ics and above the pack of 3 relays. Any hints on this would be great guys.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
little update , ive reset the airbaglight and it seems to be going on and off as it should. NEXT?:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts