Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ranted about this before but now I am a dog owner so have a different perspective on it.

What's with the bagging up of the dog **** and hanging it on trees and fences you bunch of ****ing idiots?

The other week I was out with the dog and she had a dump outside someone's house, right smack in the middle of the entrance to their drive (a rare occurence as she likes crapping in our garden). I was mortified when I realised that I didn't have a **** bag for it because I'd changed out of my special dog walking coat. My only option was to knock on the door of the house and ask for a carrier bag because I couldn't just leave it. A very nice old lady gave me a bag and was most insistent that I put the **** in her bin.

This morning whilst out, I came across three carriers bags full of monster turds hung on a tree. Why? The path in question is in the middle of nowhere and is used by cyclists, dog walkers and horse riders. If your dog has a dump in the undergrowth nobody is likely to stand in it, children won't inadvertently eat it, and the weather will very quickly remove it. If you don't want to take it home, why not just leave it instead of sticking it in a bag where it will hang around for months?

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
I've ranted about this before but now I am a dog owner so have a different perspective on it.

What's with the bagging up of the dog **** and hanging it on trees and fences you bunch of ****ing idiots?

The other week I was out with the dog and she had a dump outside someone's house, right smack in the middle of the entrance to their drive (a rare occurence as she likes crapping in our garden). I was mortified when I realised that I didn't have a **** bag for it because I'd changed out of my special dog walking coat. My only option was to knock on the door of the house and ask for a carrier bag because I couldn't just leave it. A very nice old lady gave me a bag and was most insistent that I put the **** in her bin.

This morning whilst out, I came across three carriers bags full of monster turds hung on a tree. Why? The path in question is in the middle of nowhere and is used by cyclists, dog walkers and horse riders. If your dog has a dump in the undergrowth nobody is likely to stand in it, children won't inadvertently eat it, and the weather will very quickly remove it. If you don't want to take it home, why not just leave it instead of sticking it in a bag where it will hang around for months?
Moral of the story is... Be prepared when dog walking, anything can and will happen for sure.

Got to the stage where I can write the script when mine is about to offload ...
Little git chooses though what he wants to dump and a carrier bag will not suffice :rant:

Double sixed him now though ... 3 sheets of kitchen roll quickly despatched under his
hacienda and the job's a good 'un :thumbs:

The look on his face is a picture when he has a glimpse at his deposit :lol:

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
The only explanation I can think of for the bag depositors is that when their dog lays it's egg, there is someone around. They therefore feel they have to pick it up. But then as soon as they're alone again, they wang it into a tree.

Basically, they're the same selfish dipsticks who don't pick up in the first place, just with a small measure of cunning added.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been trying to put myself in the place of a dog owner out on a walk - I don't have a dog, obviously.

• They are carrying bags so they are conscious of their responsibility/byelaws/telling-off or whatever
  • They actually pick the stuff up so can actually be bothered
  • They hang it up, presumably so that it's not left lying on the ground to be slipped on or maybe for little kids to get into
  • They leave it behind for who knows what reason?
Why leave it behind? Maybe...
  • They know there is no dog poo bin
  • They cannot put it anywhere and trust that it will not escape into their pocket or bag
  • They don't want to be seen carrying a bag of poo
  • They don't want bags of dog turd in their domestic bins for up to two weeks in a small enclosed space
None of the above excuse the action so lazy and inconsiderate: yes. Anybody here do this and is prepared to confess? You will get some stick I'm quite sure!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I've noticed this quite a bit as well and I think the answer lies somewhere between Baz and Mud's answers. They feel obliged to pick it up when someone is looking, but as soon as they are on their own they feel disgusted by the warm, steaming turd in their pocket. Poo bins are normally pretty gross as well, so the easiest thing (for them) is to just sling the evidence. I can't work out why they hang them up though. Perhaps they think they are making it easier for the council workers to clean up after them?

I feel exactly the same and it is worse for me because I've normally got three dogs with me - and one of them is quite elderly now with totally random bowel movements. I hate picking it up and carrying it, but I won't leave it behind either. I've found that the best compromise is to initially scoop and seal in a nappy sack and then hide them in a tescos bag.

I sometimes think that where I walk, the best thing to do would be to scoop it off the track into a paper bag, and then sling that out of sight under a bush. It would soon break down.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Always pick it up. It's easy & responsible:D

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
This confuses me too. Surely they would be environmentally better to leave the poop lying than scoop it up into a bag and leave the bag behind! Left alone the poop would break down, stuffed in a bag it's beautifully preserved!

I wonder about the effect idiots like this have on wildlife leaving plastic bags lying everywhere.

I am a dog owner. I always lift and dispose of my dog's poop properly. How difficult is it?

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I sometimes think that where I walk, the best thing to do would be to scoop it off the track into a paper bag, and then sling that out of sight under a bush. It would soon break down.
One of the local forests have signs up that encourage dog owners to "Pick up a Stick and Flick" poop into the undergrowth :thumbs:

Of course this only works if there is undergrowth or a hedge or something like that.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One of the local forests have signs up that encourage dog owners to "Pick up a Stick and Flick" poop into the undergrowth :thumbs:

Of course this only works if there is undergrowth or a hedge or something like that.
In the case of the path ours was on, I doubt anyone would give a **** if it was in the undergrowth. In fact they wouldn't care if it was in the middle of the path either. Our wee doggie mostly waits until she's home then shits in our raised veggie beds anyway.

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
The problem with flicking the dogger into the undergrowth is that, within a short space of time, and under the exposure of any amount of sunlight, the entire area will "lift" with the stench. It's bad enough when you can smell the pee.

So, as I say, to be a really responsible dog owner, as you're walking your mutt, pick up someone elses as well. It takes but a moment, and you can even pick one that you like the look of, and avoid that particularly mushy item. Just give it a go.....it's easy and you go home knowing that you've actually left the place cleaner than when you started your walk.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I pick it up if it's on a path/track - if she runs off into the wood, then it stays there. But if she does one on a path as we're going out on a walk, I'll bag it and leave it at the side of the path (not hanging off a tree) - so that I can pick it up on the way back. We normally walk for an hour each morning and the same in the evening. Where we are, there is a bin near the start of the walk and at weekends, there's one at the top of the hill (we don't always walk up there). So, if she squeezes one out when we're 10 minutes into the walk, I may well leave it bagged at the side, rather than carry it for an hour to walk past the same spot on the way back.

I don't believe I am being selfish, lazy, inconsiderate, dipstick, etc. I pick the bag up within an hour of leaving it.

...unlike the mountain bikers who leave their rubbish all over the hill, and while they have dozens of routes they can use, they insist on riding along the only two paths that are marked as footpaths only. They also like to ride over 200 year old banks, destroying them, because they can't be bothered to ride 100 metres round a corner. They are absolute idiots who should be banned from the hill - their parking skills are also, um, interesting.

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
i pick it up if it's on a path/track - if she runs off into the wood, then it stays there. But if she does one on a path as we're going out on a walk, i'll bag it and leave it at the side of the path (not hanging off a tree) - so that i can pick it up on the way back. We normally walk for an hour each morning and the same in the evening. Where we are, there is a bin near the start of the walk and at weekends, there's one at the top of the hill (we don't always walk up there). So, if she squeezes one out when we're 10 minutes into the walk, i may well leave it bagged at the side, rather than carry it for an hour to walk past the same spot on the way back.

I don't believe i am being selfish, lazy, inconsiderate, dipstick, etc. I pick the bag up within an hour of leaving it.

...unlike the mountain bikers who leave their rubbish all over the hill, and while they have dozens of routes they can use, they insist on riding along the only two paths that are marked as footpaths only. They also like to ride over 200 year old banks, destroying them, because they can't be bothered to ride 100 metres round a corner. They are absolute idiots who should be banned from the hill - their parking skills are also, um, interesting.
+1

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I pick it up if it's on a path/track - if she runs off into the wood, then it stays there. But if she does one on a path as we're going out on a walk, I'll bag it and leave it at the side of the path (not hanging off a tree) - so that I can pick it up on the way back. We normally walk for an hour each morning and the same in the evening. Where we are, there is a bin near the start of the walk and at weekends, there's one at the top of the hill (we don't always walk up there). So, if she squeezes one out when we're 10 minutes into the walk, I may well leave it bagged at the side, rather than carry it for an hour to walk past the same spot on the way back.

I don't believe I am being selfish, lazy, inconsiderate, dipstick, etc. I pick the bag up within an hour of leaving it.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts