Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife asked me to use the Junior this morning (she seems to like it more since she's come back and there's a radio installed). Strange request, but I relented because I'm insured and because I've always encouraged her to drive it (even though I didn't actually mean it;)). So I had to take her through the start-up process (give light gas as you start), the warm-up process for engine and gearbox and how everything works. It seems like she's accepted this car and that means I can more easily broach the previously uncomfortable subject of acquiring another impractical, money-swallowing Italian woman:thumbs:.
So it's got me thinking as I'm procrastinating in the face of an impending deadline - I hardly see women drive their men's Alfas. Does your woman drive yours?

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
no

nuff said

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
My wife also uses my daily drive, the 159 (147, 156 previously) occasionally.
I originally bought the Spider for her, thinking she may catch the bug and allow me more than four cars, in the past five years, she drove it herself only a few times, but she does like the car, when we go on Club outings it is our preferred method of transport.
She does not like driving the Junior, and never has, and I doubt she will ever get behind the Sud's wheel. She does not like the little yellow money pit much for some reason ..... I wonder why ;)
In turn I get to use the X-trail occasionally (yippeeee :rolleyes: ) actually its not that bad, its very comfy on long drives, and we can go on dirt roads (something my cars will NEVER see)

·
Registered
253 Posts
:eek:

If she could drive my sprint properly i'd let her... but its just too much of an art to drive an old Alfa nicely, never mind watching the gauges and the heal and toe for non crunching down changes...

My project Guilietta is another story... if she could manage the twin plate racing clutch:cry:.. then yes, but luckily she cant.:cheese::thumbs:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She called me a couple of minutes ago and she wants one! She originally wanted a Camaro or Mustang from the late 60s, but the price tags on good ones are steep here.
Luckily I have no problems with synchro's and she understands what to do when the gears are sticky when cold.
She was gushing about the stares, the growl at low revs that makes people turn their heads, the stuff us guys normally get our private, restrained thrills from.
Ha, I can finally see happy faces all around when I get my/ her next Alfa:thumbs:!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I own the alfa's in my house. Does hubby get to drive it.. Yes if it needs taking to garage for anything. :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
I let my Girlfriend drive my GT sometimes. She loves it! Bit of a change from her 1.4 Polo.........

She turns her nose up at the 146 though.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Hell yeah!
My woman drives it...
Up until recently though..
We had a fight and I we went to go get Pizza. So she moved over and sat in the drivers.
:confused:
I went to the other door where she kindly opened it and let me sit down and said to me, you eat love. I'll drive.
:confused:
I was like cool, my friends house is like not even 3mins drive away I thought..
Then she decided to take on two Golfs(for fun) and the worse part of all is...
She didn't lift her right foot when changing gears!!!
:cry:
That has been the last time she has and will ever drive my Alfa....:mad:
Although She might buy herself a Mito..
So I'm keeping nice so I can at least drive that when she gets it..
:inlove:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew I should have been gender-neutral with the thread title:eek:! So is it a car owner thing or an Alfa owner thing?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
She does but finds the clutch to heavy, mind you she drives an auto so why shouldn;t she?

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
I did let him drive the people carrier when we had it. :D
The Alfa is MY first car so I'm not sure if its the owner thing or the Alfa thing...

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Its an Alfa thing...
My girl can drive the Mazda, when she can handle the power anytime she wants to...
:cheese:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I knew I should have been gender-neutral with the thread title:eek:! So is it a car owner thing or an Alfa owner thing?
I am the same in all my cars. I hate other people driving my cars full stop.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I must admit that I will gladly allow one or two specific fellow Alfisti use my cars for events, if I am not available to attend these. Normally the events would be Alfa Romeo Launch parties/shows, or specific Alfa club events where specific cars/models are wanted...... BUT, that list of Alfisti is seriously short.... so far only three people :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
The girlfriend drives mine occasionally................ OK, OK it's normally when I want picking up from the pub!

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I must admit that I will gladly allow one or two specific fellow Alfisti use my cars for events, if I am not available to attend these. Normally the events would be Alfa Romeo Launch parties/shows, or specific Alfa club events where specific cars/models are wanted...... BUT, that list of Alfisti is seriously short.... so far only three people :lol:
Did I ever tell you how much I like your Polo rims?
;)
*hoping for number 4 spot*

1 - 20 of 111 Posts