Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your Alfa have a favorite time of day?...............or does it prefer particular weather??

I have a 2002 156, I love it to bits, it's my second!

I find she just runs so much better from about 10PM through to the early hours, especially when it's damp or not long stopped raining.

Perculiar :confused: Is it because the air is cooler then, aiding combustion, or am I imagining it?

Perhaps I'm just plain weird.

But then I'm an alfa owner - the case for the prosecution rests m'ludd!

So scatty today - I just posted this in the intoduce yourself section:tut: :tut:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
She doesn't like cold mornings:tut:

Neither do I

Welcome:)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
very cold winter weather, with high barometric pressure. even better at night when the temp really drops. that's when the air is most dense - ie. most oxygen per cubic foot of air gulped in by the engine = more power:thumbs:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,505 Posts
mine likes refuelling time. cos then it can drink it all in one go again :mad:

:lol: bloody V6s

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine likes refuelling time too, mind you, gives me an excuse to take her for a spin .......................... again! as if I need an excuse, especially after 10PM after a bit of rain! :thumbs:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,505 Posts
mine loves refuelling..................i hate refuelling it.

but its good to drive on a full tank, means i can thrash it :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sunset, westbound on the A303, driving home, past Micheldever, great tyre place, regular speed trap, tuck in, slow down, check rear view mirror, nothing up there today, pull out and back up to 4500rpm, not sure what that is in mph, engine sweet.

Easy past Bullington Cross, 2 entry slips from below, give 'em a chance, then we're off again. Through Barton Stacey, glimpse the dish over at Chilbolton Observatory gazing skyward, looking, listening, searching for answers.

I've got all the answers I need at the moment, 165 answers under my right foot. River Test, flooded fields, different without the early morning mist. Up again, up the hill past Picket Twenty, another entry slip designed to ensure that joining traffic has as little speed as possible, flash, go on, it's OK. Indicators wink a thank you, don't know if they see the wave. Sun going down over Andover, not as low as it was back at Basingstoke, I'm catching it up.

No, being up high makes it look that way. No matter, I'm nearly there, down now, use both carriageways, take the apex, over the Anton, that's always flooded, no change there, let the car drift back to the left, up the final hill, Salisbury exit, I'm not going there though.

Off the main road, home, didn't take long tonight, pity, I wish I lived further. Still, there's always tomorrow night :)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I find mine is best on cool fresh mornings. I notice the intake roar is even louder then, I assume this is because of the denser air? I also find the car feels really good after long stretches being driven at high speeds.

D

·
0 Posts
I find mine is best on cool fresh mornings. I notice the intake roar is even louder then, I assume this is because of the denser air? I also find the car feels really good after long stretches being driven at high speeds.
Same here on both points.

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
Mine likes it best going home in the evening.. I guess it starts from a higher ambient temperature so is less "cold".. It warms up and gets "loose" more quickly.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Yup mine likes hometime too :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sunset, westbound on the A303, driving home, past Micheldever, great tyre place, regular speed trap, tuck in, slow down, check rear view mirror, nothing up there today, pull out and back up to 4500rpm, not sure what that is in mph, engine sweet.

Easy past Bullington Cross, 2 entry slips from below, give 'em a chance, then we're off again. Through Barton Stacey, glimpse the dish over at Chilbolton Observatory gazing skyward, looking, listening, searching for answers.

I've got all the answers I need at the moment, 165 answers under my right foot. River Test, flooded fields, different without the early morning mist. Up again, up the hill past Picket Twenty, another entry slip designed to ensure that joining traffic has as little speed as possible, flash, go on, it's OK. Indicators wink a thank you, don't know if they see the wave. Sun going down over Andover, not as low as it was back at Basingstoke, I'm catching it up.

No, being up high makes it look that way. No matter, I'm nearly there, down now, use both carriageways, take the apex, over the Anton, that's always flooded, no change there, let the car drift back to the left, up the final hill, Salisbury exit, I'm not going there though.

Off the main road, home, didn't take long tonight, pity, I wish I lived further. Still, there's always tomorrow night :)
hasmac - that sounds just amazing! nice one:thumbs: mind you, you must finish early to be going home at sunset. I sometimes think I'll never see daylight. How was tonight's journey?????

Mine isn't anywhere as exiting. I do enjoy the lanes locally on occasion.

Recently had blast down to Cheltenham and back. That was fun, albeit M5 for quite a stretch!

One of my favourite drives is from Lake Vrnwy to Lake Bala through Snowdonia National Park and then from Bala through to Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant. Stop and have a walk there up to top of the waterfall at Pistyll Rhaeadr. Then hit the A5 and M54/M6 home (usually late by then so motorway is good. Engine sings and car swings nicely round the sweeping bends, good blast home then. Love it!:D

·
Registered
126 Posts
"hasmac - that sounds just amazing!"

:) Thanks, I do finish early. I start early, go in for 7, just to miss the traffic, then finish at 4.

I wish it was like that all the time, to be honest it's not. Don't bother with the A303 on Friday nights, especially on Bank Holiday weekends, it's caravan city.

I agree with the other chaps here about cold morning air, you can feel the difference. Quicker to warm up in the evening, so you get in the mood quicker. But sunset is my favourite time of day, makes me go all poetic.

hasmac.

·
Vendor
46,243 Posts
Mine likes it best going home in the evening.. I guess it starts from a higher ambient temperature so is less "cold".. It warms up and gets "loose" more quickly.

Ralf S.
Mines the same as that. It feels the best when I get in the car having been out of it for about two hours.. Still warm-ish but cool enough to notice the extra performance.. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts