Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My renewal isn't due til late Jan but I did a few quotes earlier to see what ballpark I'm looking at (currently lamenting the state of my finances hoping next year will be better. lol)

The best I got from all the comparison sites was £1130 Fully comp with Bell who I'm with already.

I drive a 2.0TS GTV,thatcham 1 alarm/immob, 22y/o with 3 years NCB and a clean liscence and that's with both the 'rents as named drivers. I am in quite a high crime area.

I was hoping for somewhere at least sub £1K as I'm paying £1097 now with only 2yrs NCB! Haven't tried to haggle on the phone yet but what hoping to start from somewhere a bit lower.

How much difference did the 2-3 years NCB step make for others?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I lost 6 years NCB in the last 12 months following an accident. I don't protect my NCB as I don't think it's worth, I've had one accident in 12 years!

I would say use Moneysupermarket.com to shop around, it's quicker, cheaper and you avoid answering repetitive questions.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I guess you have to offset your larger NCB against what are probably above inflation increases for insurance... I'm guessing the current economic climate + the flood damage from this summer hit insurers pretty hard.

If you've shopped around on the comparison sites then I don't suppose there is much more you can do :(

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sure it is your area.

I live in a low crime area, 22, 1yr NCB for the coming year (and 1 as a named driver with DL). Wrote a car off mid 2004, had a STUPID small knock mid 2005. Think I've somewhat calmed down since then (Will be pleased when I don't have to embarrassingly fill in the accidents bit!). Clean license.

Fully comp last year, 8000 miles, £750 excess, £1279.

Renewal in Jan for 12000 miles, £350 excess will be £775 (and nobody on confused comes close (~£1250) and the Elephant site offers me £930).

Haggling on cars works, never found the same to be true with insurance providers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts