Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I rebuilt my GTV6 engine twice, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask advice :blabla: But top tip - always fit Bronze valve guides...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Duemila & Alfahaze.

I have just started this rebuild project. Alfa knowledge and spares in South Africa are rare, so I need to make contact with experience.
Working through the process of testing and fixing EVERY faulty item in the car before I strip it, that way KNOW that it was working when I put it back.

I was struggling with dismantling the electric wing mirrors, but took a chance to get the mirror off, thankfully worked. Completely stripped and cleaned the inside and hey presto, is working like a dream again! Very confidence building. Also discovered that the motor inside is same as an 80's VW transporter or BMW E30 - good to know for future as they are in plentiful supply.
Now onto the Electric windows !! Making progress, so will keep pushing on.

Thanks for taking the trouble to respond - will be in touch in future I am sure!!

Thanks for the engine advice - will certainly take that advice when I get there!! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who can advise where to get Alfa 116 series spares in South Africa? Looking for pretty much everything during this rebuild.
Discs/pads/brake rebuild kit/shocks/suspension kits/engine gaskets and seals, same with gearbox.
Getting from overseas a lot more complex and costly.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi Mike,

Welcome.

I'm restoring a GTV6 too, gearbox at the moment but can also try to help if necessary.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I would try the international South Africa Lounge, must be someone on there who has sourced those parts before

1 - 9 of 9 Posts