Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Wait for it to not sell it and offer him £300 :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Well it's made me wonder how much mine, with only 115,000 miles on it, must be worth.

Shows that the TS engines are strong though, doesn't it :)
This one is anyway!

If you're not selling, who cares what the car's worth. All that matters is how much you like it.

Also the flip side of this is the average car (say £6000 hatch) costs a bomb in depreciation compared to our cars. Total costs, I don't think the GTV V6 is that expensive a car to run.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
This one is anyway!

If you're not selling, who cares what the car's worth. All that matters is how much you like it.

Also the flip side of this is the average car (say £6000 hatch) costs a bomb in depreciation compared to our cars. Total costs, I don't think the GTV V6 is that expensive a car to run.
I like that! 'Glass half full':thumbs:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Apart from the engine, I would still offer £500 for a car that looks in reasonable condition, TS lumps are only £300 at the moment with low miles, Also makes a good father & son project to rebuild an engine, few weekend's of work and you're laughing!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
i paid £500 for my gtv and it had 130,000, i've had it a year and its now done 142,000 and just had the mot today. it cost......£0 to get it threw, past first time! im well happy :D

·
Vendor
46,141 Posts
It'll probably do another hundred thou as well if you keep chucking oil in it. CF1 engines are the best 16v TS IMO :cool:

·
Registered
945 Posts
It'll probably do another hundred thou as well if you keep chucking oil in it. CF1 engines are the best 16v TS IMO :cool:
After talking to Sam about the internal differences I completely agree.

M

·
0 Posts
i paid £500 for my gtv and it had 130,000, i've had it a year and its now done 142,000 and just had the mot today. it cost......£0 to get it threw, past first time! im well happy :D
I can beat that :lol:

£350 for a GTV with 10 months MOT on it and 107K miles.

Owned the car 6 months now and it's been great so far :)

M

·
0 Posts
Must admit I prefered the CF2 in my 156. Driven lots of CF1 16v engined Alfas but the 156 power delivery was much nicer. The extra 5bhp and bit of torque helped, but so did the variable intake plenum.

·
Vendor
46,141 Posts
Must admit I prefered the CF2 in my 156. Driven lots of CF1 16v engined Alfas but the 156 power delivery was much nicer. The extra 5bhp and bit of torque helped, but so did the variable intake plenum.
Horses for courses - with CF1 and CF2 there ain't all that much difference between them anyway, its the CF3 that is most different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts