Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I bought my car 2nd hand recently, it has rather high mileage at 26000 and probably not as well looked after as I would have done...still, I have two issues that need looking at. I am just wondering if they come under the warranty?

1. Rubber door insert coming off all of the time. I replace it, it comes away again:

2. Secondly, after removing the front wheel I found this cable to be out of its protective sheath. I have no idea what it does (I have only minor mechanical knowledge)...but it it covered?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Hi
I bought my car 2nd hand recently, it has rather high mileage at 26000 and probably not as well looked after as I would have done...still, I have two issues that need looking at. I am just wondering if they come under the warranty?

1. Rubber door insert coming off all of the time. I replace it, it comes away again:

2. Secondly, after removing the front wheel I found this cable to be out of its protective sheath. I have no idea what it does (I have only minor mechanical knowledge)...but it it covered?
1st one certainly does. Just had mine done. I think its a known issue from the way the dealer reacted when I told them.

2nd one not sure about but perhaps the garage(?) you bought it from should fix it. They should have seen it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st one certainly does. Just had mine done. I think its a known issue from the way the dealer reacted when I told them.

2nd one not sure about but perhaps the garage(?) you bought it from should fix it. They should have seen it.
Thanks. :) Yes, I got it from an Alfa dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2. pic is the cable for the brake pad sensor, i guess it is supposed to be like that, mine is the same way, and have been like that since new.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have noticed that the passenger side rubber strip also comes off! This must be quite a common problem. For a 20K car, it's not really good enough...:tut:

·
Registered
34,356 Posts
Not experienced the rubber coming off mine.£20 K does seem excessive for a 26000 mile one.Perhaps there's an issue with earlier cars.Did you keep the wheels?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not experienced the rubber coming off mine.£20 K does seem excessive for a 26000 mile one.Perhaps there's an issue with earlier cars.Did you keep the wheels?
Sorry, I meant 20k new. There isn't anything holding it on at all. If you happen to catch it getting out of the car, it just comes off. Sems like an odd design to me, nothing seems to be holding it in place!

The wheels are off. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts