Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did have a wee look around but couldnt really pin-point this anywhere so have to check:

If i buy a 2000 Alfa 156 TS boot lid with the big spoiler on it, can i straight swap it for mine on a 2004 156 JTS ? If i remember rightly on my first 156 which was a 2001 i had about 6 years ago, the boot was still remote operated so should be fine but it also had the badge you could twist to use the manual mechanism ? Which wont work since my key is not the right one but that doesnt really matter so long as the remotes good and the in car pulley one will work too right ? But more importantly will it just fit right on there anyone please ? and when i say big spoiler, i do mean the massive one btw :p

While im at it i might as well double check; Voloce side skirts from the above mention TS onto my JTS will work out too ? that is, if i can get them off in tact ??

Im just waiting for a reply on one iv found recently but might also be worth mentioning here, if anyone does know of anyone who has a black 156 with the big spoiler spares or repairs or simply doesnt like it - to trade mine with, id appreciate any help anyone could give me on that. I could add a couple quid if needed. Its gotta be black though, just want something i can put staight on the car

And lastly, how long would something like that take if it does work ? Suppose i found someone who really knew what they were doing to help me ?? Im not to concerned about the skirts right now - just the boot will do for now !

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise me further :thumbs:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hi, I take it you have the JTS facelift? I've got that huge pram-handle spoiler on my 2000 T.Spark, I think the later facelift models have a slightly different body, and I think the rear tail lights are different, think you might have a heck of a job lining that boot lid up to shut properly to be honest.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Facelift boot lights are different, but I don't think it would be a major issue - the shell is essentially unchanged AFAIK. Getting at the plug to disconnect the bootlid wiring can be fun......

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol so far its not exaclty sounding positive :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
If you want spoiler can you not just take it off and mount to current bootlid?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes mr mac, i can - but figured it would save alot of time and effort to just get one attached already. I dont really want to screw holes into my boot etc and since im looking for one in black already - just figured the swap is the wise move !

But i have just had a reply off my Alfa "guru" if you will who said it will mount/fit but will look a little odd since the lights are a little different - and as i mention above, the twist key lock :D

But question finally answered, all i need to do now is find someone with the spoiler to trade me !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts