Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from Co. Down and my wife is originally from around Dungannon, so I've spent a brave bit of time in the past 14 odd years bombing up & down the M1.

Her sister has just had a baby so we've been up and down a few times in the past few weeks and I noticed something I remember thinking about in the early days.

It always seems to rain around Craigavon / Portadown, it can be a scorcher of a day either side but for some reason it's lamping down in the middle.

Is there anyone from around that direction can confirm / deny this?, and if it's true is there any reason for it?, maybe something to do with the Lough

Anybody any ideas?

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I worked in Rushmere and High Street Mall for quite a while and can confirm it rains ALOT:lol:

I gladly will never set foot in Craigavon/Portadown ever again.:thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
I worked in Rushmere and High Street Mall for quite a while and can confirm it rains ALOT:lol:

I gladly will never set foot in Craigavon/Portadown ever again.:thumbs:
Beautiful walk along Canal Towpath once with my ex, decided to walk towards Portadown maybe get a bite to eat. Made it to back of Tescos before the spides started their abuse. :mad::mad:

Will not be back.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is there nobody from that direction, or just nobody admitting to coming from there.

My dad worked in Portadown for years, and I went with him sometimes during the summer holidays, can't remember what the weather was like.

So the conclusions so far are.....

...it's a hole, who cares about the weather

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't always rain, in fact the weather's been great for over 9 weeks now..

I've lived in the area all my life and work in Belfast so get about and yes Craigavon itself is a bit poor but the area in general is no worse than anywere else.
Do you also work for the Craigavon Tourist Board Stu? :)

I'm glad it's not always raining on you, I was honestly starting to think there may have been some local weather phenomenon (got that right on the third try :eek:) as it seemed to be raining there (with good weather elsewhere) too often to be a coincidence.

Another of my theories goes in the bin :rolleyes:

Updated conclusion
Some parts of Craigavon may be a bit hole-y, mainly the parts where Jamz & Sirwiggum hang out, (I feel another theory brewing :lol:), but at least the weathers Ok

:thumbs:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Updated conclusion
Some parts of Craigavon may be a bit hole-y, mainly the parts where Jamz & Sirwiggum hang out, (I feel another theory brewing :lol:), but at least the weathers Ok

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Its horses for courses, where i live for instance in my eyes is a fantastic area, with great locals a nice pub and plenty of history but others may see it as a rat(child) infested village with red, white and blue paving stones and sectarian murals with a run down pub in the middle of it all .....oh and a village drunk who stands guard over all the houses.:lol:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well that could be any town in the place,

although some may have different coloured kerbs, and some may have grey kerbs. and some may have no kerbs at all.

personally I don't like kerbs, cos they keep jumping out and scoring my wheels :mad:,

this is despite the 0.1mm thick strip of rubber on my tyres, which Goodyear believe will protect my rims :rolleyes:

What's this thread about again :confused:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I like my curbs as much as they may be offensive to others. I can only say don't judge me on the colour of my curbs but the depths of my heart.:D

S

·
0 Posts
Updated conclusion

So visiting the Newry towpath, which is meant to be one of the nicest parts of Portadown (albeit it is until you get near the Tescos / town centre) only to be verbally abused by drunken spide youths is in some way my fault?

I'll not be back. Take my nice walks elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have yet to be convinced of the need or usefulness of kerbs (of any colour/race/creed/gender)...

I believe they are just a means of trying to control us, instigated by some higher up secret society, (probably the masons, with the whole stone link, or is that too obvious?).

well I, for one, refused to be controlled in this manner, I pay no heed to their control devices, and drive where I damm well please, there's no need for the things, is a 5" rise really going to stop an out of control car/lorry from mounting the f-way, no it isn't, so why the hell do we need them, Get rid of them I say, help bring some peace and unity to this little country we live in, make life easier for buggy and wheelchair users, AND STOP THE THE STUPID RECTANGULAR ******** FROM SCORING MY WHEELS.

hang on, where would we play kerbs?,

I retract everything, and will try to drive a bit more careful in future.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts