Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was wandering if the blower needs the a/c to work
And if I get re-gas will this fix it as at the moment I get very little even on setting 4

Any help world be great

Thanks very much

Ste

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
No
and very little what on "4"

If you mean airflow, check/replace the pollen filter.

And Alfa isn't spelt with a "ph".... (see your profile)...!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers for that opps mistake from when i first joinned :eek::eek:

and smashing i look into how to charged pollen fillter id presume its that hard ,

thanks again for your help !!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

cheers

ste

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is for you lol but i am a complete novice but hey i installed my sat nav thing am sure i can do this :p

am sure autobits will have these filters ?? do you how much they are dave ??

cheers

ste

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
Pollen filters are different depending on year.
Pre 2002 single-zone systems have one filter (LHD & RHD use different size filters)
2002-> dual zone systems have a pair of filters (same as 147/GT).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pollen filters are different depending on year.
Pre 2002 single-zone systems have one filter (LHD & RHD use different size filters)
2002-> dual zone systems have a pair of filters (same as 147/GT).
David, where would I be able to find pollen filter. I have facelift model wanted to replace pollen filter when I was doing my last service. Removed the trim under the front window wipers to clean the drains but was unable to locate any filters (thats where the filter was on my other cars). There was just a simple mesh to stop leaves going into A/C not much else.

Cheers,
Luke

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
David, where would I be able to find pollen filter. I have facelift model wanted to replace pollen filter when I was doing my last service. Removed the trim under the front window wipers to clean the drains but was unable to locate any filters (thats where the filter was on my other cars). There was just a simple mesh to stop leaves going into A/C not much else.
Inside the car, under the dash on the passenger side. Exactly the same as a 147 or GT.
Have a search, I've linked to guides many MANY times!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that was a nightmare the thing that wash sits in is all broken, i charged the filter but couldnt get one of the screws back, and seals are no good, looks like someone in the past and snap one end of it off!!!

and to top it all off the blower still doesnt work ARGGHHHH lol

cheers for tthe help it looks like i have to get it charged :)

ste

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
and to top it all off the blower still doesnt work ARGGHHHH lol
Is the fan changing speeds with the different switch positions or is it always the same?
Or is it not working at all...?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the fan changing speeds with the different switch positions or is it always the same?
Or is it not working at all...?
hello david and thanks for your reply,

its makes a click noise but thats only on auto, and the back window works no problem

whats makes the air blow though fast ??? and the pollen filter was quite wet so i think water must be getting in could this effect anything ???

thanks again

ste

L

·
0 Posts
does the fan work slow at 1, faster at 2, faster again at 3 & flat out at 4?

if only works at 4 you need a resistor pack, located between the fan assembly & the heater matrix.

L

·
0 Posts

if only works at 4 you need a resistor pack, located between the fan assembly & the heater matrix.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

too be honest i dont think it works at all as there is no diference on any setting ???
must be the fan ummm more work lol

regards,

ste

L

·
0 Posts
right, at the bottom of the fan assembly is a small bolt, 5.5mm IIRC, open the bolt & pull the tab downwards then rotate the fan assembly CCW to remove it.

Now spin fan with your hand, is it ceased? or perhaps blocked with leaves?

the motor should measure approx 2 ohmns, across the 2 heavy guage wires

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
right, at the bottom of the fan assembly is a small bolt, 5.5mm IIRC, open the bolt & pull the tab downwards then rotate the fan assembly CCW to remove it.

Now spin fan with your hand, is it ceased? or perhaps blocked with leaves?

the motor should measure approx 2 ohmns, across the 2 heavy guage wires
am not that brave but i will have a look tomoz i need to get replacement (thing that washers sits on as its f%%k lol)
a trip to breakes yard i think

thanks very much i shall deffo give it go, i see if i can find a guide how how to changed the fan assembly :)

thanks for your help

ste

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update: thanks to rarebear who suppiled me with the diag lead i have no reset my airbag light and i reset the fan heaters realays and now have full air operation
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

thanks all for your help :)

ste

1 - 20 of 20 Posts