Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting some for my alfetta does anyone have any experience with Carnauba waxes, I have used Mer for years, which I love, but was just wondering.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Collenite 476 S is a great durable wax finish
+1 probably the longest lasting synthetic wax made (1 year) its not Carnauba nor is it a wax, its a sealant. Carnauba aint got anything on synthetic sealant in terms of durability or long lasting. wax only lasts 4-6 weeks max and they should only last for a while since its natural ingredients

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm using Harley wax on my 916 Spider. Lovely finish but probably not as durable as some others. Good value though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Collinite 915 is an excellent wax, with Carnauba, and gives me around 5 months protection. To be honest, I've not noticed much difference in longevity over the 476, but 915 defo gives a better finish.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Of course it depends on how you clean your car, I actually like waxing my Spider so I use the Harley Wax but that is on top of the Collinite so its always protected but I get that deep shine from the carnauba.
I also use a Megs detailer spray in between waxes.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok say I use this collanite business, do you clay bar it before harleying over the top?

D

·
0 Posts
If a sealant is added on top of the Harley wax this would give it a bit more longevity?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
After the initial preparations of cut and polish, I use PBW EXP sealer then add colinite #845 x2 applications after the sealer.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I asked a friend who has a bodyshop, he prefers not to use sealant as he thinks paint should be able to breathe, that's just his 2 pence. Although he says used correctly can be effective, but he doesnt

D

·
0 Posts
I asked a friend who has a bodyshop, he prefers not to use sealant as he thinks paint should be able to breathe, that's just his 2 pence. Although he says used correctly can be effective, but he doesnt
I use it quite regularly after a wash and the white paint has definitely kept its depth of colour over the winter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts