·
Administrator
45,304 Posts
No.
Does this help? :confused:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes I have a Morpheous Geodesy. Its a good bit of kit most of the time although I have had a few probs with it. Sometimes it takes ages to come online and both myself and a mate who has one really struggle to get it to down load its updates on the phone line.

However, when online it does pick up pretty much all the cameras.

S

·
0 Posts
My dad's got a RoadAngel GPS thing in his 156. Works very well for fixed camera sites; it beeps at you as you drive towards it and stops pretty much the instant you pass it. Hook it up to the PC and update it over the Internet, and it keeps on top of new sites. It's got a radar thing too which apparently warns you of handhend laser guns, though by the time it tells you it's probably too late.

Bit pricey though, not sure I'd bother.

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
Where I live the police only have a couple of fixed scameras, they rely much more on hiding the mobile ones behind things. The reason I havent got a radar detector is that I reckon I would rely on it too much, and end up getting caught if and when it didnt work soon enough or whatever!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thats the thing, you have to use them as an extra sense and not a drive until it tells you to slow down. As well as the Geodesy i run a laser detector too, but to be honest this was good when I first had it (5 years ago) but now all I pick up are Supermarket front doors and pedestrian crossings! Occasionally it does go off on the older camera's so i keep it for that. As far as hand hald stuff is concerned by the time its picked it up its too late!

J

·
0 Posts
I have a road angel. Very good and portable. With the laser attachment it picks up the mobile units, however chances are as soon as it alerts you, you may have already been zapped. It also locates SPECS. What it doesn't do it tell you if GATOS are live only there location. Worth investing if you travel around.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Road Angel seems to be very well recommended but it just looks a bit.... well.... Tandy.
:D
I like the look of the Origin Blue, but they are all a lot of spondoolis...

eek!

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
There's no that kind of things here... :rolleyes:

But sometimes I use my GPS :cool:

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Yes, the Snooper S6R neo which is has a GPS database and is also a radar/laser detector. Send me personal message for my e-mail address/phone no. and I'll give you the info on it.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by armoore:
<strong> Send me personal message for my e-mail address/phone no. and I'll give you the info on it.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it a secret spy gadget??
:cool:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Are you thinking about spy your neighbor, Ricky? wink

R

·
0 Posts
Hi All;

I've got the Road Angel....

LOL - Yes it looks a bit Tandy but it works very well... :D :D :D :D :D

For:

knows the Direction you are heading (so no False alarms)

has been 100% accurate to date

lets you know the whereabouts of the SPECS (or Average) speed cameras.

Updates - literally in seconds - off your PC

Now comes with the Laser detector (haven't used this yet)

Against

A Bit... well... Tandy !!!

Price (£399 most places) - but if it stops me getting 3 points, and the hit on Insuarnce etc. its worth every penny !!!

Seriously they are all good; all seem to work well, what pushed me towards the RoadAngel was the Various reviews on Websites....

I haven't changed the way i drive - it just lets me concentrate on the Road ahead and is invaluable if you are in areas you don't know... Less time looking for Yellow boxes - more time keeping an eye on the Mondeo drivers !!!!

PM me if you need specific details but the Websites are a good representation....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts