Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Posted on behalf of bear1 as he is encountering a forum bug at the min and can't post new threads :()

RN02 WZX, car has an AO.com sticker at the back and was wondering if anyone on here had experience with the car. I'm looking at taking it on, the colour is a beaut!

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
belongs to no-one on here then? need to give the guy an answer back and was hoping for some comfort that the car is genuine. I would do the HPI check but just to save £20 i thought i would ask here first...

P

·
0 Posts
belongs to no-one on here then? need to give the guy an answer back and was hoping for some comfort that the car is genuine. I would do the HPI check but just to save £20 i thought i would ask here first...
Just got the msg. dude, I see you got sorted. If its on uk plates it might be worth sticking up in the uk regional forums?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
ah your grand, it was some tech glitch that affected a lot of people on here. Luckily Vincent gave me a hand.
I thought it already would be better here seeing as the majority of the users are from the UK. Its a pity really as its going for a fantastic price even with VRT included and its the 02 model so FL interior and the 150 engine, lovely pair of wheels on here but a bit bubbly (not too bad though) and a nice colour imo. Only thing i dont like is that its a SW, im used to the saloon and i would like to have another one but i would be crazy not to take this one and its basically the same boot so not much of a difference tbh

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
where did you get that info from? i typed the number plate into Google and got a load of rubbish back.
So basically the car is a 2002 but was registered in 2003?

·
Super Moderator
85,962 Posts
belongs to no-one on here then?
Or not every AO user has logged on today & checked this section :lol: It could also be an ex-AO car ;)

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
well maybe they should log on!!!! :mad: i need help! only joking, yeah thats true, but i wanted to go and see the car whilst on my way back to Ireland and seeing as i go through the UK anyway i thought i might pop in to take a look. I emailed the seller and he seems to be a foreigner (Polish i think)

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Don't know the car but this is what DVLA shows. Good Luck :thumbs:

VEHICLE ENQUIRY Services Provided By DVLA:

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for RN02 WZX are:

Date of Liability 01 09 2011
Date of First Registration 25 07 2002
Year of Manufacture 2002
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2387CC
CO2 Emissions 178g/Km
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour GREY
Vehicle Type Approval M1
This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate
Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) Marker VIC required
A Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) marker has been set against this vehicle record.
For more information on the VIC marker please visit Vehicle Identity Check
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £115.50
12 Months Rate £210.00

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
What does VIC mean? was it involved in something or whatever??

Cheers for that Giuliasuper, very kind of you....

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Motoring
Vehicle Identity Check

The Vehicle Identity Check (VIC) is a scheme to help stop stolen cars being passed off as repaired accident damaged cars. This is also known as ‘ringing’. You can check if a vehicle needs a VIC and submit your application online.
How a VIC marker is set
Insurers should notify the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) of all cars ‘written off’ within salvage categories A, B or C. This notification will set a ‘VIC marker’ against the DVLA vehicle record. While a VIC marker remains set, DVLA won’t issue a registration certificate V5C, or vehicle licence reminder V11.
The VIC marker will only be removed when the car passes a VIC.
Checking a vehicle’s identity
The Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) carries out the VIC. It’s designed to confirm the car’s identity and help ensure that the genuine car is returned to the road.
The VIC takes around 20 minutes to complete and involves comparing the details on the DVLA vehicle record against the car presented. The VIC is a check of identity, it doesn’t look at the quality of the repair or confirm roadworthiness. If you have any concerns regarding these aspects, you should seek the opinion of an independent expert.
Once a car has passed a VIC, the V5C issued will be annotated to show ‘substantially repaired and/or accident damaged; identity checked on dd/mm/ccyy’.
Confirming if a VIC marker is set
You can check if a VIC marker is set, by making a vehicle enquiry through the Vehicle Enquiry section of DVLA's vehicle online services. To make your enquiry you’ll need to know the vehicle registration mark and vehicle make.
Once you make an enquiry the VIC marker will only show if it’s been set against the vehicle record by DVLA.
Vehicle details enquiryOpens new window
By phone
You can also check if a VIC marker is set by contacting VOSA on 0300 123 9000.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
he has the v5, the car has damage at the rear, so maybe the insurers declared it a write off and he bought it back?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
ah gotcha now... only thing that worries me is the VIC mark. Would this make it difficult to register in Ireland??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts