Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I’d spare myself repeating the very laborious task of cutting out the rear bushes so took them to the garage for them to press them out. Three were fine but the last one was so seized that the press has deformed the arm.

I know new ones are available but I could do with saving some cash.

thanks

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The spring end was pretty mangled and had actually pushed the outer side past the sleeve and broken the braze, I initially thought it was scrap but with a new one being £100 I thought I might as well have a go at bending it back into shape and it’s come out quite well.

My question is would you use it, it’s not perfect but the bolt position is unchanged so the alignment will be fine. I’d spot weld the broken braze but I’m worried it’s been generally weakened.

Oh and I’ve still got to the small matter of having to get the old bush out and a new one in!

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
£100? How does that play out in the grander scheme of things? Have you tried phoning around the likes of Highwood Alfa?

PS, I would not use that trailing arm.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, you’re obviously right, i just needed telling!

·
Registered
5,295 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I'll have a look in the shed at the weekend, I may have kept the ones from the S4 I parted out. I assume they would be the same as yours, unless anyone knows differently?

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Any update Simon?

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I phoned CA who I normally use, they said they’ve probably got a used one knocking around but I thought I’d still have to get the old bushes out and repaint it so the price of a new one didn’t look too bad after all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts