Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
Never heard that before, but I like it. Very interesting vocal style:)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Yes, I remember that blasting out all over the place in 1982, totally falsetto voice, and totally out of tune / key at times too.......:eek:

Sounds bloody awful now though !!!!!........:(

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I tell you what, that is a top tune from the 80's

Anyone remember Fiat lux ?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
You just CANNOT put Talking Heads....and that bloody awful song by The Asociates in the same thread Quinny.........:eek:

Thats Criminal........:tut:

But good fun......:lol:

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You just CANNOT put Talking Heads....and that bloody awful song by The Asociates in the same thread Quinny.........:eek:

Thats Criminal........:tut:

But good fun......:lol:
Yes I can ... because that's the way I feel ... there is no accounting for
taste .. the fact that we differ is what what makes all good:thumbs:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Aah Party Fears Two what a great song i can still remember listening to this in nightclubs thinking to myself "if only i could get a girlfriend":lol:

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
I'm sure part of that Associates tune (without the painful warbling) was used as a theme tune for a TV programme many years back?:confused:

Anyone remember? Or does it just sound like something else? :)

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Ok - just answered my own question; this from Wiki:

"Week Ending... (1970–98) was a satirical radio current affairs sketch show, first broadcast on BBC Radio 4, usually on Friday evenings. It was devised by writer/producers Simon Brett and David Hatch, and was originally hosted by Nationwide presenter Michael Barratt."

"From the early 1980s, the theme tune was a loop of the instrumental section of The Associates' 1982 hit "Party Fears Two","

:thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
Can't forget the Associates, Billy Mackenzie was a wonderfully talented musician that had a very sad end.

If you're going to mention Talking Heads, this is them at their absolute peak IMO, from the Stop Making Sense tour. And just check out the crazy dance moves at 3:15!

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts