Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me, but the recent 166 thread with the same title prompted me to post...

....just so I could write:

Oh YESSssss!:D

(We really need a "smug" smiley)!

Mind you, the full page of "advisories" brought me back down to earth!

Still, it looks like the old shed has once again dodged the "End-of-life Vehicle Authorised Treatment Facility" (as we now have to call scrapyards)!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aye, that's the one. I always find a good redlining on a regular basis keeps the emissions down! ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mine failed today, but not too bad. Handbrake, lambda sensor, balljoint.

Still a bit of a downer though, as my shabby £400 G-reg Saab just sails through every year.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
My 164 passed its last Warrant of Fitness (a six-monthly event in NZ, or yearly for new cars up to six years old) with no problems and no advisories, then I sold it.

From '07 to '10 I had a '91 164 that passed four WOFs with no problems, which I think was a record for any car I've owned, particularly as it only cost $1000. Actually, I've just realised my 156 has passed five WOFs in a row now...

So far, the car which never gets a WOF is my yellow Spider; failed both since I've had it. Wheel bearings, three exhaust mufflers rusty, rear screen opacity, headlight beam pattern, tyre wear on inside edge both rear tyres, brake balance... it's also the lowest-mileage and most expensive of my Alfas. :) Now that it's sorted out, I expect it will be OK for years.

-Alex

·
Registered
149 Posts
My 164 has passed first time for the last five years:cool:

Only because I spend the subsequent year spending a fortune on sorting problems before they are identified by the MOT tester !!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Mine has never failed in 7 years but here in Spain it's a bit of a joke. They worry more about illegal body parts than road worthiness and what would be a fail in the UK is an advisory note here. You have to go in with dodgy brakes, broken lights, bald tyres and a split exhaust to fail here but that's about it. Having said this, mine has always had a clean bill if health. I guess a warm dry climate helps...

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I was ready to write a post with some stick....... well, what do you expect from a car that age is recognized in decades............... well that shut me up lol.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine past first time a couple of months back, with the usual advisory for rear subframe corrosion. Was very happy indeed !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts