Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I suspect the answer is yes, but I'm looking to replace my sorry looking front bumper on my v6 GTV and I can get my hands on a good condition bumper in the correct colour from a twinspark.

The only difference I can see is the small back trim/splitter on my v6 is not on the 2l.

Does the air intact attach to the bumper and are there other fixings that would affect me doing the swap?

Thanks all

Andy

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Yes it will fit but it doesn't have the 2 extra cut outs for the oil cooler air intake on the offside, nearside is unused.

Car will still drive fine and as we don't live in a very hot country the oil temp will be ok. I had one which the previous owner took around Spa and The Ring with no ill effects, in fact he didn't even know and his AROC mates never noticed.

Clive

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome answer Clive. I had a feeling you would have the knowledge.

Thanks for the help. Is it an easy swap, i.e. will it be case of undoing a few screws and swapping or does it require taking out bits of the intake and radiator? I'm not good with things like this.

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes it will fit but it doesn't have the 2 extra cut outs for the oil cooler air intake on the offside, nearside is unused.

Car will still drive fine and as we don't live in a very hot country the oil temp will be ok. I had one which the previous owner took around Spa and The Ring with no ill effects, in fact he didn't even know and his AROC mates never noticed.

Clive
Must have been quite a car that :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Awesome answer Clive. I had a feeling you would have the knowledge.

Thanks for the help. Is it an easy swap, i.e. will it be case of undoing a few screws and swapping or does it require taking out bits of the intake and radiator? I'm not good with things like this.

Thanks

Andy
Quite easy, 2 big socket bolts down in front of headlights(small cutouts in bumper), screws in inner arches(and black eng bay cover) and 'slide' off....best two people if poss, electrics unplug passenger side.

Clive

Must have been quite a car that :thumbs:
You should know....you now own it!:lol:

Clive

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that tip reveds. I have one of those somewhere. My rear n/s tyre has just developed a slow puncture. I have refused to race this weekend as a result. So new bumper and some new tyres this month I think.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Someone spotted it on the car tonight at the WM meet!

Nice to find out a little more about the provenance of the GTV. So the stickers Matt removed from the boot were genuine then? That's a first.:shocked:
Definitely, I met the previous owner Jerry. He's an AROC member who used to race + track days, toured Europe with AROC & visited the circuits.

He ended up buying Autolusso's blue GTV, he'd never have parted with this one if he knew it only needed an osr top swivel, rear bumper & light. Insurance assesor said the chassis was twisted but it was only a broken/snapped top swivel!!

Clive

·
Registered
78 Posts
Definitely, I met the previous owner Jerry. He's an AROC member who used to race + track days, toured Europe with AROC & visited the circuits.

He ended up buying Autolusso's blue GTV, he'd never have parted with this one if he knew it only needed an osr top swivel, rear bumper & light. Insurance assesor said the chassis was twisted but it was only a broken/snapped top swivel!!

Clive
It's just been the 275 miles to Thetford and back. Sweet as a nut. The journey over there has never passed so quickly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts