Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending £10 on dodo juice's red mist tropical and its not really what i'm looking for this is next product. I will be purchasing and trying this out week. The review on detailing world looks promising but that is a red car and i'm always a bit wary of reviews on red cars as they look good with most products used on them, white cars are a different matter.

Testing Times - Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz Review - Detailing World

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
After spending £10 on dodo juice's red mist tropical and its not really what i'm looking for this is next product. I will be purchasing and trying this out week. The review on detailing world looks promising but that is a red car and i'm always a bit wary of reviews on red cars as they look good with most products used on them, white cars are a different matter.

Testing Times - Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz Review - Detailing World
What exactly are you looking for?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have a 50ml sample of this if you want to try first?

Also I have about 5 different types of sealant you can try?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Probably the impossible with a white car tbh.
Last year the best combo for a white car was a sealant over a wax, I bought some Werkstat

WERKSTAT

I have the primer (polish) then the sealant in a spray bottle, worked well and gave a great finish, also it did the whole car in 20 mins so multiple coats were easy.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Give me a clue and maybe I can point you in the right direction.
I detail cars and there's loads of great products out there that serve nearly every purpose.
Tommy, in your professional opinion, what is the best wax and sealant for a white car, in search of the ultimate gloss?
Most of the ffg are available in SA: Meguiars, Chemical Guys, Auto Finesse, Turtle wax, Fusso, Collinite, Menzerna etc.
What about 2pple glass coating?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Depends greatly on what you want. If you want good gloss and longevity then I'd go for Fusso (light). If you want to then take it further with deep gloss after you've applied and buffed the Fusso leave it for 24hrs and then add a layer of either Soft 99 King Of Gloss or good old Autoglym HD Wax and then a coat of AutoBrite Project 32.

Glass coating is what I'm doing to mine next. First I'll be wet sanding the entire car, followed by a machine polish to refine and then a coat of Modesta BC-05 that should give the ultimate wet look.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Depends greatly on what you want. If you want good gloss and longevity then I'd go for Fusso (light). If you want to then take it further with deep gloss after you've applied and buffed the Fusso leave it for 24hrs and then add a layer of either Soft 99 King Of Gloss or good old Autoglym HD Wax and then a coat of AutoBrite Project 32.

Glass coating is what I'm doing to mine next. First I'll be wet sanding the entire car, followed by a machine polish to refine and then a coat of Modesta BC-05 that should give the ultimate wet look.
Thanks for the advice.:thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Give me a clue and maybe I can point you in the right direction.
I detail cars and there's loads of great products out there that serve nearly every purpose.
Thanks Tommy :thumbup:

No matter what i do or use i never get a gloss looking finish from a distance, it looks so flat. All my detailing entry pictures are close ups, anything from a distance is disappointing unless its night time or under car park lighting. This is a view with the sun settling and it looks ok. The paint code is Lancia Bianco 204

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

Tommy this is someone i know on the abarth forum and he has a grey evo and this is the sort of look i would love.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Tommy this is someone i know on the abarth forum and he has a grey evo and this is the sort of look i would love.
Looks like he used a glass coating.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
With my scant knowledge on detailing, most important is excellent preparation of the paint with high quality products: wash, clay, polish, glaze etc and then LSP, the glass coating.

Reactions: Danman

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Looks like he used a glass coating.
That kind of finish is easily achieved with wax and gloss enhancing QD's.
The secret is down to prep and getting the car as clean as possible.

After pre-washing and washing you should use tar & glue remover followed by iron fallout remover and then clay. This will remove bonded contamination from the lacquer.
Once you've done that wash the car again, dry it and then inspect the bodywork for swirls, scratches and other paint defects.
If you find any they should be addressed by whatever method is appropriate but often requires correction by machine polishing.
Once that's done the car should be wiped down with either a pre-wax paint cleaner or a 50/50 mix of water and isopropyl alcohol, this removes any oils left by the cutting/polishing compounds which can affect the longevity of your wax/sealant and also your final appearance (because light retracts differently though oils etc).
Once you've done that apply your chosen wax/sealant as per the instructions and then buff off. Leave to gas out for 24hrs and finally apply a gloss enhancer such as AutoBrite P32 and it's done.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have clayed mine but how many times would it be safe to clay a paintwork or can you clay as much as you want?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I have clayed mine but how many times would it be safe to clay a paintwork or can you clay as much as you want?
Twice a year is enough. To test if the car needs claying wash the car car as normal and then put your hand in a thin plastic bag (a sandwich bag is ideal) and then gently run your fingertips over the car. If it feels rough then the car needs claying. If it's smooth then it doesn't.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Twice a year is enough. To test if the car needs claying wash the car car as normal and then put your hand in a thin plastic bag (a sandwich bag is ideal) and then gently run your fingertips over the car. If it feels rough then the car needs claying. If it's smooth then it doesn't.
mines smooth....i'm really enjoying trying different methods and products, gets expensive though :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts