Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been hearing rave reviews about DoDo juice diamond white wax and Red Mist sealer. I got myself both products last week and spent the weekend detailing, the wax is so easy to use and once hazed remove like normal wax, after a day of the wax curing i added red mist, this is a seal that gives the paint a wet and glossed look. The one in this post is pre-waxing. The second post will be after waxing and the third post will be after the red mist has been used.
View attachment 493521

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I have been hearing rave reviews about DoDo juice diamond white wax and Red Mist sealer. I got myself both products last week and spent the weekend detailing, the wax is so easy to use and once hazed remove like normal wax, after a day of the wax curing i added red mist, this is a seal that gives the paint a wet and glossed look. The one in this post is pre-waxing. The second post will be after waxing and the third post will be after the red mist has been used.
View attachment 493521

Shouldn't a wax be applied after the sealant?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
No the sealant seals in the wax and gives it a bit more longevity :cool:
You apply a wax after a sealant I'm afraid.
Waxes break down faster than sealants, regardless of whether you seal over the top.

Whatever products you apply they're directly affected by what's underneath them as that's what they're bonded to.
The correct order is: polish, seal, wax.

·
Administrator
87,339 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yes, I'm 100% sure.
Red Mist, however, isn't a true sealant. It's a gloss enhancing detail spray with short term sealing properties. Much like AutoBrite Direct Project 32 it's designed to be used to 'top up' existing protection. The term 'sealant' in its description is misleading.
A true sealant should last several months before reapplication is required, not a week or two.

I've come across several people caught out by this and they've applied P32 and waxed over the top. They're then left wondering why their protection has only lasted a couple of washes. They swap the process and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Its a top up to keep the wax sealed in, a quick detailer is generally a wax this is purely a top up and the car has to be absolutely spotless before applying this stuff.
Again, incorrect.

Detailing sprays are not generally just waxes. They often contain cleaning agents and gloss enhancers. They remove water spots and add a deep shine. A few offer a little extra protection and top up wax coats.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again, incorrect.

Detailing sprays are not generally just waxes. They often contain cleaning agents and gloss enhancers. They remove water spots and add a deep shine. A few offer a little extra protection and top up wax coats.
Looks like they are wording the product wrong if they are saying its sealant :think:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
35,189 Posts
Is this specifically for white cars?
I'm about to take delivery of a new car in that "colour" and that sounds like its worth a look if it is.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is this specifically for white cars?
I'm about to take delivery of a new car in that "colour" and that sounds like its worth a look if it is.
the diamond white is designed for white cars as the other range of dodo waxes can actually tint a white car.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts