Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As some of you know, I have the HD Wax already but how does it stack up against the Blue Velvet.

Longevity

Beading

Quality of Wax

Application

Etc

Cheers All

Hope your all well :thumbs:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shall be interesting.

I have googled the same question and there seems to be a 50/50 outcome.

Shall see what the people of AO think :D

I am slowly edging away from AG... I can not knock the AG products but at times I feel the price bracket is a little much in comparison to other products that can last much longer both from the bottle and application longevity.

Oh dear.............. Have I just fallen into the money pit that is detailing :lol:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Blue Velvet is great! I use it on mine and though it hasn't been waxed since probably last summer still beads. Maybe not as good as it did originally.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've gone off poorboys lately. I find the blue paste wax doesn't really last long enough. Been toying with switching over to gtechniq sealant or the wolfs chemicals hard body stuff myself. If you already have HD wax you might as well stick with that until you've used it all. Be warned detailing is an epic money pit. Pick some stuff you like and if it works well enough for you stick to it and leave this area and never come back (before you get sucked in). If you must try another wax or you're running out of hd wax try collinite, seems to get good reviews everywhere and appears to be relatively durable.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Buy one of the panel pots and try it. I haven't tried HD wax but love the blue velvet panel pot--it ran out faster than the others in the little set that I got. Very good on my solid black 147 not so wow factor on the silver 159 though. Give it a go. :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I have black-holed the car with a DA and applied 2 layers of blue velvet (1 or 2 hours between layers). Easy on and easy off, coverage was good and the smell was great...... Just have to see if it lasts long enough.

The HD wax is even easier to apply but removal is a little tougher.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts