Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ain't it always when you least want it to happen.

On Sunday just gone, I had a prospective buyer come see the Beast.

My little ad in the For Sale section says - Everything works.

The just to annoy me the sunroof packs up :mad:

It has done this once before, on that occasion a big hole in the road sorted it out.

It just doesn't move, it had a flutter with working on Tuesday, but today, nothing again.

So any ideas, last time this happened I had a rummage around and all connections appeared okay, I just don't know whats up with it.

Anybodies experience in this field gladly recieved.

Cheers Much

Andy (With a :mad: look on his face)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does it open and close using the manual winding mechanism? It is does you know it is an electrical prob and not just stuck

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the key winds it fine, must be electrical, oh joy!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My sunroof did just that. Stopped working intermittently (usually when it was open) and then worked again without me doing anything.

Then it stopped working altogether.

I haven't sorted it yet (seeing as the exhaust and brakes is getting priority) but it'd be interesting to know if anyone else has.

Relays and fuses all seem okay, BTW.

Ralf S.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats about right, I feel a long Saturday coming on!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had this prob too. It would tilt open but not close, and the full opening packed in altogether.
A new relay fixed mine - about £35, but check which motor you have fitted as I believe there are different relays to suit.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a play on sunday, and managed to get the sunrrof working, however the automatic stop for fully closed stopped working, I put it all back together and it worked fine til today, may well try the relay route.

Andy

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it easy to remove the sunroof ??? Mine kinda rattles up and down when closed. It's like it isn't seated and locked properly, although it doesn't leak.

Marlon

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, mine rattles too, if you close the sun visor thing it stops. I found the plastic inside liners, (the bits you can see on each side of the sunroof) can pop loose and rattle in a very annoying fashion, a good squeeze back fixes it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts