Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the plugs on my V6 (lovely job!!!).

Front bank were fine but all the rear bank were covered in oil, ok suspect gasket I guess but the plugs looked a little burnt (orange) on the porcelain. Is this a result of the oil or something else....never seen plugs like this before??? They were NGK's, now has Champions fitted.

Will post a piccy when I get around to it.

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
The oranging could be just age :rolleyes: or even a stain from slight miss fires caused by the oil in your plug holes wink

Btw i hate to think what mine will look like they been in a while :rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next thing you know, Tony Robinson and the Time Team will turn up to excavate your plugs !!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL :D

They have been in a little longer than they should have been and were hard to get out.....Speedy, I would get yours changed now!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Stop panicking Mr Wrinx i`ve changed them this very afternoon

And the only problem i had was my tool(plug socket) was too thick for the hole eek! :eek: and i had to use the plug socket thingy that comes in the tool kit for the car
Eventhough the plugs have been in there for at least 4 years and at least 54,000 miles they all came out without a problem and all were free from oil :D :D

Btw did them when the engine was hot which may have helped :D :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the same problem with the socket not going in the holes, it was the gasket sticking out that stopped it...managed it by very carefully turning the socket whilst pulling gently :rolleyes:

Will try with the engine hot next time wink

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
soeaking of sprak plugs.. whats th gap menna be on em.. i havent got round to fitting my new ones yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts