Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sometimes when I park up my 156, 2.4JTD [136] the fuel gauge drops to empty. I've checked under the car for diesel ( :D ) and there is none. The gauge only starts to rise VERY VERY SLOWLY after I've driven a few miles, and I know its only the gauge thats wrong but I always get an awful feeling driving when the fuel light is on. I could do with a solution to this niggle. My grandfather, who was a mechanic about 20 years ago thinks it could be a bad earth, as it does only seem to happen in damp weather - but hey, this is England - when isn't it damp? Has anyone had a similar problem? If its a DIY job I'll do it but otherwise I'll leave it to Bluebell Motor Company who are doing my MOT & 3rd Cambelt in March.

Comments guys? :D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I don't know about the jtd's but on the petrol versions, the gauge is only a rough approximation. I'm guessing the jtd's will probably suffer from similar problems.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The wife had exactly the same issue in her SW. It was the sender unit, in the tank, accessable from under the back seat :)

Cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts