Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers door on mine is sometimes very difficult to open, at the best of times you have to pull quite hard but when the window is down it gets really difficult, makes me look right an ar5e in the car park :D :mad:
this is opening the door from the outside BTW. Using the handle from inside is fine.

also the rear doors open fine but they shut with a real clatter on both sides, sounds like a set of metro doors! is this normal?

Are there any adjustments I can make to this and does anyone else have the same problem? :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Alfajack, does the handle move ok but not undo the door? Common problem if it is. The little lever that pushes from the handle to the door latch gets strained and needs packing. It is covered by a bit of plastic, you can insert a bit of metal/cardboard/whatever to "thicken" it. Means grovelling inside the door tho :(

Rear doors do sound a bit tinny on both mine too :( It may be the catch needs adjusting. Undo the allen bolts and slide the catch in a little...be careful, overdoing it will result in bending the door top.

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
eek! Mmmm doors,My drivers door handle "popped out" a couple of times leaving me to clamber in and out of the passenger side. :mad: A metal plate rivetted to the striker mechanism(to increase it's surface area)cured this. :D
:mad: Rear doors........everyone who gets in mine insists on slamming the rear doors two or three times because they sound so tinny they dont believe they are shut,very annoying but basically if the door light on the check panel is out the door IS closed properly. :p
.......One bit of Italian electrics you can trust :confused:

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the handle moves fine, il try this on wednesday, dont mind taking the door apart as i did it when my central locking was playing up, will give me a chance to grease up the window runners at the same time :)
cheers for the help

J

·
0 Posts
Re Italian electrics. When I bought my 155 back n 1997, the rear door check panel lights were the opposite way round. So I would dispute any comment claiming Italian elctrics you can trust!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts