Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the old shed passed its MOT again today! One advisory "....rear number plate deteriorating..." (!). ...I ask you... (!) I told the tester I preferred it that way and he winked at me....

Felt like a complete git though, awakening it from its hibernation and driving it 300 miles on salty roads! Yeah, I know, long way for an MOT... long story...)!

Duxford, here I come!!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
....need to do that bleedin' theromstat though! Was freezing my bits off in there with the engine running at 65 degrees!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Mine went through a couple of weeks too, also with an advisory on number plate deterioration, fraying seat belt, and a tyre getting close to the legal limit. Good times!

On another note - apparently the MoT test is changing in May this year - with more stringent testing for diesels a particular feature (no pun intended). Glad I switched back to petrol now...

Reactions: Avocet

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine passed last month as well with a verbal advisory for discs and pads needing to be done soon, so they'll get sorted over easter. The one year old handbrake cables have subsequently been knackered by the cold weather and reckon the sills will need a bit of work before the next mot next year. Just need to get the wheels, ics unit and some paintwork sorted for the shows later in the year which will also be done over easter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts