Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A poster over in the parish of boards.ie is documeting their heroic efforts to save and rejuvinate a 166.

Is it anyone around here? Either way, bravo sir and the very best with your endevours! :thumbs:

Alfa 166 revival - boards.ie

Variator

·
Registered
113 Posts
That'd be surely. Hoarder alright! Lads the scale of that project goes way beyond what's been posted. The work and sheer hours of dedication gone into it to have it really perfect it simply unreal. It's not just the 166 he's building either...:thumbs:

·
Registered
151 Posts
That'd be me :thumbs: cheers for linking the thread!

It was a very long journey, the bang on the back was very very hard to get right, finding one thing after another going wrong, but with the help of 2 donor cars this one can live on for many years :) my aim was to remove the previous evidence of mistreatment and shoddy work, I'm sure to find more yet. For now, it is almost done. Just a few small bits left and a good service :thumbs: I'm looking foreward to seeing it on the road :D

Did you see my other thread, on my 156.....? ;)

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That'd be me :thumbs:
Fantastic job Hoarder. There must be hours of labour poured into the project (not to mention Euros, along with the inevitable skint fingers and issuing of the obligatory holy swear words!!)

Keep up the good work! :)

Variator

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Jeassssus i thought I had done work to my V6 but nothing compared to what you've done , really nice to see a V6 being brought back to what it should be . great work Mr H:thumbs:

·
Registered
151 Posts
For those following, the car is now with it's new owner, a very happy chappy. It still needs niggly little bits here and there but as a project my end is complete, save NCT time when they'll surely throw up various suspension faults...

Here's a blatently stolen picture of it in it's new habitat :thumbs:

All the best to the new owner and many happy years of driving :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts